PEKA - l'eroica ready

Thank you :)

Today I did a 120km ride. I included poor to mediocre road surfaces in the route, so I could get an idea how the bike would behave on the Strada Bianca in Italy. The 32mm tires provide quite a lot comfort, what can not be said of the Ideale seat and the cotton wrap. I do like the overall feel. The PEKA offers the right experience for the kind of ride the l'eroica is.

I also learnt that wrapping cotton tape top down is not as durable as the other way round.

That's a great bike, look forward to the strada bianchi pictures later.

What do you mean about the bar tape? I use cotton tape too and have always started at the bar ends and wound in towards the stem. I found an old copy of "Richards Bicycle Book" in a bookshop recently and he recommends starting at the stem and winding round to the end of the bars. What have you found to be best?

Looking lovely, interesting mix of components on there.

Re the tyres: I assume they are not tubulars? Can you even get tubulars in that sort of size?

I was vaguely planning to go and ride a bit of L'eroica parcours on my own,
but I tried out some local strade bianchi with my 23 tubes and I don't think it will work, I was too worried about getting a flat.

Anyway, fantastic bike.

Johnny

Thanks for the kind words. No, the tyres are no tubulars.

Rich34":4hz1yimw said:
That's a great bike, look forward to the strada bianchi pictures later.

What do you mean about the bar tape? I use cotton tape too and have always started at the bar ends and wound in towards the stem. I found an old copy of "Richards Bicycle Book" in a bookshop recently and he recommends starting at the stem and winding round to the end of the bars. What have you found to be best?

What I experienced with the top-down method is that the from the bends (on top bar) towards the levers the edges of the tape are vulnerable. The hands make the edges to wind up. The edges lay against the force applied by the hands.

Elev12k":18hri42a said:
What I experienced with the top-down method is that the from the bends (on top bar) towards the levers the edges of the tape are vulnerable. The hands make the edges to wind up. The edges lay against the force applied by the hands.

I see what you mean, this makes sense. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate that.

Lovely looking bike! I'll be sure to look out for you in Italy!
I'm doing to 205km course too and am a bit scared by some of the stories I've heard.....my training is going well, with some long rides interspersed with some shorter, fixed gear blasts...my legs feel strong at the minute.

I'll be on my hetchins......final preparations are being made this week!

Back