1995 Basso, Campag etc...More price drops!

LaurenceCardiff":1kejtuz2 said:
Hi Gaspipewarrior,

Pretty sure the bars are 40cm width, from the centre of one end to the other if you get me. Clamp size I'm not too sure on, do you know how would I measure this? Apologies for my ignorance,

Laurence

No worries Laurence. Unfortunately 40cm is probably too narrow for me - that's the size of the current bars I'm looking to replace.

As for the clamp size this page explains the common sizes.

Thanks a lot for the link, that's interesting, especially as the ISO standard appears different to the more commonly used Italian standard.

Sorry I can't help you out with a wider bar, good luck searching.

Laurence

With regards to info on the tubing, my Basso 'Coral' is about 2-3 years older than this one and is built with Columbus 'Cromor' if that's of any help or interest. Very similar build features such as rear brake bridge, chain stay bridge, lugs, drop outs and braze on parts. One big difference is mine has a crowned fork with the Basso logo stamped in either side of the top of the crown. Is your fork original? the unicrown fork looks a little out of keeping with the frame (just my opinion). Mine, like yours, also has very tight clearances, lovely frame to ride, I imagine you'll regret to see it go.

Regards, Adam

riddim-track":31h1pp01 said:
With regards to info on the tubing, my Basso 'Coral' is about 2-3 years older than this one and is built with Columbus 'Cromor' if that's of any help or interest. Very similar build features such as rear brake bridge, chain stay bridge, lugs, drop outs and braze on parts. One big difference is mine has a crowned fork with the Basso logo stamped in either side of the top of the crown. Is your fork original? the unicrown fork looks a little out of keeping with the frame (just my opinion). Mine, like yours, also has very tight clearances, lovely frame to ride, I imagine you'll regret to see it go.

Regards, Adam

Hi Adam, thank you for the information, that's good to know. Yes, I think in 1995 Columbus had stopped making tubing for some reason, and so Basso basically took a lot of different brands of expensive steel tubing and put them together and branded the mix as their own, hence the 'Basso superlight tubing'. I'm sad to be selling it, it was a great ride, but just a tad too small I'm afraid. Yep, the fork is original, and I totally agree with you, it doesn't look incredibly, but it is very very light!

I'd like the Record indexed downtube shifters as well as the block and stem as already agreed please mate. Can you allow for them in the quote for the other stuff please? No hurry.

ksvb above hasn't responded to any messages so the ergo shifters and mech are still available. Offers considered for all items, don't hesitate!

Back