My GT Psyclone ...

Awesome! I did more or less the same myself a few weeks back. My mate had a 94 GT Pantera sat around with Mag 21 SL Ti's on it so I mailed him, and now it's sat in my garage ...all for £50!

PSYCLONE = best frame ever produced...EVER!!! IMHO anyway.

I have a similar story, was out ridingt my titanium GT, and went into a LBS I almost never go into, got to talking with the owner, he said he had an old 94 Psyclone a thousand miles away at his dads house and he said he was going to auction it off - STOP RIGHT THERE...I did everything short of getting on my knees and begging him to sell it to me - I was in a week later with my deposit, I ended up with a complete bike for 450.00$.

She needs alot of work, I have my build kit (XTR) for it, but I need to powder coat it first and get some decals. She's my baby, I love her.

(side note: I used to own a Psyclone back in 93 or 94 - so, I know how they ride, thus why I love them).

Here is a pre-build pick.

IMAG0342.jpg

JeffGothro":opzu1h2w said:
PSYCLONE = best frame ever produced...EVER!!! IMHO anyway.

I have a similar story, was out ridingt my titanium GT, and went into a LBS I almost never go into, got to talking with the owner, he said he had an old 94 Psyclone a thousand miles away at his dads house and he said he was going to auction it off - STOP RIGHT THERE...I did everything short of getting on my knees and begging him to sell it to me - I was in a week later with my deposit, I ended up with a complete bike for 450.00$.

She needs alot of work, I have my build kit (XTR) for it, but I need to powder coat it first and get some decals. She's my baby, I love her.

(side note: I used to own a Psyclone back in 93 or 94 - so, I know how they ride, thus why I love them).

Here is a pre-build pick.

IMAG0342.jpg

Damn... That looks awesome! Can't wait to see that when you're done!

There was an 853 one on EBay last week, same year as mine I think, and I still wanted it. I could get a little obsessed with them! :eek:

I agree, I saw a first year "Cyclone" on ebay like a month ago, and it was complete and went cheap (less than 400.00$) - I hated watching it go, I hated even more not having the moolah to buy it.

bonty98":n43hohky said:
Really nice GT.
I never knew they made a high end steel frame :eek:
I´ll watch this thread with interest.
/J

They made sandvic titanium frames too, one was the Colorado custom shop "Xizang" (one Xizang even had a Ti front triangle, and bolt on anuminum rear I believe), and an over-seas made "Lightning" (I have a Lightning in addition to my Psyclone - link: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r98/ ... AG0246.jpg). And of course (and I'm sure you've heard of it) the "Zaskar" which was also from the custom shop.

Here is a Photo of an Xizang I pulled off the internets, and in my opinion one of the raddest bikes I've ever seen, I love it, its perfect.

Attachments

• Xizang race.jpg
    Xizang race.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 969
Back