WTD - Raleigh Stowaway (BSA Triumph ect)

no worries, I went there and it had gone and he had another but it was kind of bso.
on another note I looked at the auction you linked and noticed you also won a ladybike ( the raleigh chiltern).
my mother is keen on aquiring such a steed, are you willing to part with it?
regards

Hi Chute55uk

Yes I am willing to part with it. Bike has been standing outside and is in a poor condition. The frame is however not too bad as a recall. Will have to have a look tomorrow only

Just got in been out today for a ride in the peak district. Weather too good to stay in.

Was hoping to use the hub on the folder as its 36 hole and I have not seen any 24 hole rims in 451 size for a reasonable price.

Pity you are down south as I regualy go further north.

Might be going to Norfolk sometime (in about 8 weeks). If I do I can go via the A14

Hi Chute55uk

Been out and looked at the bike. Chrome on wheels lightly pitted. Chrome on front chain gear heavily pitted. Rust on inside of mud guard. Bottom bracket turns freely. headset is also smooth. Chain U/S. Frame and folks scrached but okay. New chain bike would be usable. Lot of work to make make A1 condition. Would swap for that stowaway thats in bad conditon if the frame is usable as the rest of bike would be junked anyway.

found some 451 rims 28 hole so dont need the rear wheel any more

http://www.ultimatebmxparts.com/index.p ... -rims.html

Pity http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=42485
is discontinued as its a good rim at £18

Could meet halfway

Cheers

Hi Chute55uk

Thought there was another in bso. Which I took as very poor condition?

The one I have been left out in the rain. everything is corroded including the axle and cups the frame however is sound both internal and external. The metal the fames made out of does not seem to easly corrode so most should be fine unless the seat is off and water left to rest inside.

Other than that I am sure we can come to some sort of arragment.

Hi a bso means its a pile of ...well you get the idea to be honest its probably not going to be worth the hassle it was just an idea but thanks anyway

Back