Work bikes

Here's my P7 work horse (doubles up as retro mtb pride and joy)

p7_cropped.jpg

it's got a fixed cog so yeah i use the force in a sense. it also means i can smoke a fag with one hand, drink a coffee with the other and still stop when i get to work :D I feel like some kind of circus commuter

I wonder if there's a site called retro unicycle yet....

ianjunior":gmr0uvlu said:
it's got a fixed cog so yeah i use the force in a sense. it also means i can smoke a fag with one hand, drink a coffee with the other and still stop when i get to work :D I feel like some kind of circus commuter

where are the ash tray & cup holder then ? :LOL:

ianjunior":29egw1yb said:

Have to say, I don't really get the remove all visible brakes thing.

Never have I regularly cycled or commuted, and thought to myself: "You know what this thing needs? Less brakes...".

Just think it's one of those effected fashions, that's all - I mean most of the bikes you see without them are far from being so trick light you would use the weight-weeny argument, of at least a brake at the front for a fixie, or both for a SS that would suddenly turn the bike into some lardy, overweight lump of metal.

Different, I suppose, if all you ever do with a bike is use it on a track or in a velodrome, but for people that commute, just seems a bit James-Dean-wannabe.

Ha yeah. Its only half done i admit. Im waiting on a fork with canti bosses so i can run a v brake. it was more to do with laziness than fashion if im honest.
it was in bits half the bits being used on a gt frame ive got. but i got restless and built it back up for a few days until the forks (and quill stem) arrive, my daily ride to work is 45 seconds long in a traffic free area so it's fine riding a bike set up like that. This time next week it'll be all put together hopefully with two v brakes, ive got some nice avid levers from about 1996 in my box of bits just waiting.There'll be pictures on my build thread when it's all done you should have a look.
Having said that though james dean is badass and my bike looks bad ass :D

Back