1995 Basso, Campag etc...More price drops!

LaurenceCardiff

Retro Guru
Hello! Trying to come out of the red after another year of medical school. All items are in North London, pickup is very welcome, but I'm happy to post too. More pictures are available on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96153270@N00

Up for grabs is a 1995 Basso superlight, in quite a dashing purple. Seat tube 57cm c-c, 58 c-t, top tube 56 c-c. From what I can gather Basso Superlight tubing is very similar to 90s Columbus SLX.

Basso gap superlight with wheels by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

This frame has been been dry stored for a very long time, but some of the paint on the fork crown has chipped away, and there's a tiny bit of surface rust there, as well as a bit on the right chain stay, on the brake bridge, and on the front mech braze on. Apart from those chips, the rest of the paint is in pretty good nick, very few actual scratches and no dings. Basso dropouts. Tight clearances. 27.2 seatpost, Italian BB. More pictures of the frame here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/96153270@N00/

£110 ---> Now £100 ---> Now £90

Mirage Crankset 172.5, pretty nice, picture says it all really, minor heel rub. Teeth maybe a tiny bit worn. £30 ----> Now £28 ----> Now £25

Mirage crankset 172.5 by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

Shimano 105 brake levers, £20 ---> Now £17 ---> Now £15

Shimano 105 brake levers by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

Posh shimano front mech, decent. £6 ---> Now £4 ----> Now £3

Posh Shimano braze on front by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

105 front mech, decent still pretty shiny. £4 ---> Now £3 ----> Now £2

105 mech by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

Shimano pedals, still a bit rusty but nothing WD40 wouldn't take off, some play in one of the pedals. £8 ---> Now £6

Budget SPDS by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

San Marco Rolls, with the ugly top stitching on the top. Scuffing on both back ends. £12 ---> Now £10

Rolls by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

Quick releases, unmatched pair, one is Shimano, the other I can't recall. £5 ---> Now £3 ---> Now £2

QR s by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

2x 700c x 35c tyres, complete with tubes, one is a generic raleigh, bit worn, the other is a excellent condition Michelin city puncture protection tyre. £8 for both including tubes ----> Now £5 ----> Now £4

Michelin city tyres 35c puncture protection & generic raleigh tyre by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

Shimano (I think) 7 speed freewheel. £10 ---> Now £7 ----> Now £5 ---> Now £4. Can give you the 23'' wheel for a couple of quid too if you like.

budget 23'' wheel by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

Campagnolo Vento rear wheel, no freewheel, skewers, tyre or tube. Really nice wheel this, beautiful bladed spokes. Logos in pretty good nick as in the pictures, though can take more if needed. £80 -> Now £75

Vento rear by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

Buckled Campagnolo Vento front wheel, I'll take offers for this. The hub is still beautiful and running smoothly.

Crashed vento front by Laurie_a1, on Flickr

All items are located in London, at Finsbury Park. If you think the prices are off the mark please say so.

Interested in the 8-speed block - when you say it's worn, do you mean the chain is likely to slip? Difficult to see the wear from the photo.

I've used it a bit since I got it and it hasn't slipped really, though I think it might have done once after sprinting manically on it for a kilometre on the smallest cog which is the most worn I think, but apart from that not at all.

I think that's reflected in the price though really. These usually go for £20-25 on ebay with the 23tooth ring.

I can take more pictures if you like.

Thank you kindly,

Laurence

No need for more photos - if the small cog is shot I'll use the others for spares and I agree with your comment on the price. I'll take it please. I'd like the ITM stem too please - if you can PM me with a total cost of shipping these two to France I'll sort out PayPal once I have the quote.

Thanks mate - and good luck with the rest of it, that Basso is nice.

That sounds perfect Rich, I'll take them down to the post office and find out how much that'll be either today or tomorrow if that's ok with you.

And yep, the ITM stem is yours too.

LaurenceCardiff":38sfebwg said:
That sounds perfect Rich, I'll take them down to the post office and find out how much that'll be either today or tomorrow if that's ok with you.

And yep, the ITM stem is yours too.

That's fine - absolutely no hurry as I'm away from home until late July anyway... If you don't get round to boxing it and sending it for a few weeks that's fine. But I'll pay you as soon as you give me the total.

PM me with the details and we can continue the conversation there!

Hi Gaspipewarrior,

Pretty sure the bars are 40cm width, from the centre of one end to the other if you get me. Clamp size I'm not too sure on, do you know how would I measure this? Apologies for my ignorance,

Laurence

Back