Wanted VW Transporter

daveyla

Retrobike Rider
Feature Bike
BoTM Winner
Pace Fan
Ive wanted a VW Transporter for a while now for weekend bike trips. Looking for a diesel preferably with 3 seats. Must be mechanically sound as I would want to be out and about straight away

I wouldnt go that far ;)

T4 Transporters are great BUT everyone thinks so, so you will be paying scene tax unless you can keep refreshing gumtree autotrader friday ad etc .. and you might get lucky

Check out the different engine specs before rushing in, i had a tdi with a blue i on the badge, which mans its 88bhp sounds gutless but it was a great allrounder for me, my brother has a tdi it has a silver i on the badge and is 102 bhp and it really shows as it has alot of get up and go. These are both 2.5 5 cylinder engines, one thing to consider with the 2.5tdi model is the cambelt change it is NOT a home mechanic easy job and costs roughly £700ish if not alot more using proper Vw trained technicians.

Anyway there is SO much info on the above link you will become experts lol and reading the conversion threads you will be converting it into a weekend camper lol if you manage to buy one

Dave

i had a t4 and really enjoyed it, quite robust but not particularly pretty. almost saved me from getting married when the engine failed on the way to the wedding. i should have seen it as a sign.

had a few mk1 vito's too, really miss my last one. not as sturdy as the t4 but a whole lot prettier

t4 transporter by lewis1641, on Flickr

vito on porsche 18's by lewis1641, on Flickr

Back