1989 Orange Formula - pic update

Today I went to see Kevin Winter with the bike - super chap :cool:

He confirmed it as a Paul Donohue Orange Formula, one of a small number built for the fledgling Orange company after the two by Dave Yates and before Orange Clockworks were imported from taiwan - so I guess it kind of spans the period between Orange branded B52 to Clockwork?

He thought that he would have worked on the frame, maybe even built it so it really feels right to get him to do the work :D

So it is being dropped back there next week for 2 to 8 weeks of surgery depending on the state of the seat tube - he needs to shot blast the area to see how extensive the damage is. He thinks that he can save the embossed seat tube collar if the base of the tube is shot which is ace.

I have also e-mailed Paul to see if he has any build records for the frame or if he can remember anymore info, Kevin thought that any records maybe long gone during the split with Denton Cycles but it is worth asking - any kind of info is of interest and a good addition to the thread.

brilliant.

was that denton cycles in newcastle? i remember that shop and they mainly done orange and marin bikes.

saltyman":1l5mvge4 said:
brilliant.

was that denton cycles in newcastle? i remember that shop and they mainly done orange and marin bikes.

Yes I think so - isn't it the same shop that worked on JMCs Salsa's?

nevadasmith":3ba52cvc said:
saltyman":3ba52cvc said:
brilliant.

Yes I think so - isn't it the same shop that worked on JMCs Salsa's?

Yes it was they sponsored him for a while as well if you search for the JMC Salsa rebuild theres more info.

When the rebuild is finished i think you should recreate the pic below.

Just so happens I organise a ride around the area where the pic was shot ;)

Attachments

• 6407.jpg
    6407.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,027
Stripped this down to the frame this weekend.

Seat post is stuck fast, so is the BB.....

Sounds like its got a packet of rice loose in the tubes as well..... if only I could get that b*****d BB out I could get a camera in and take a look.

Here's some pics:

Attachments

• DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 912
  • DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 912
  • DSC_0083.jpg
    DSC_0083.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 912
  • DSC_0081.jpg
    DSC_0081.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 913
  • DSC_0084.jpg
    DSC_0084.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 913
  • DSC_0078.jpg
    DSC_0078.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 913
Ohh Lordy, it's started.

MOTHER! Get that popcorn on the go, there's a luv, and I'll put the kettle on.

nevadasmith":18nmx3ic said:
Stripped this down to the frame this weekend.

Seat post is stuck fast, so is the BB.....

Sounds like its got a packet of rice loose in the tubes as well..... if only I could get that b*****d BB out I could get a camera in and take a look.

Here's some pics:

instead of stripping your bike ,you could have gone to mayhem to help your 10 man team out :roll:

matthew71":2ooozpx8 said:
nevadasmith":2ooozpx8 said:
instead of stripping your bike ,you could have gone to mayhem to help your 10 man team out :roll:

Yes possibly you are right, but it was raining and I coulndn't be arsed to spend the time with those tossers :p

Or maybe I have a more valid reason... ;) looking forward to seeing all the pics.

Back