The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering selling my Sunn Titanium frame so I can get a bigger frame. I think it's around 97/98. It is by no means perfect - I've had a weld fixed on one of the V-brake bosses and there's a small dent in down tube.

It looks a lot like this one only without any decals and it only has the etching on the downtube and not the head tube.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=165329

Any thoughts on rough price?

SebRogers":8fzqhq5a said:
clearly I haven't figured it out...

You used the IMG code correctly in most cases. However you didn't insert links to the images themselves, but to the page they were on.

No worries, once you get used to it, it'll all make sense.

Now, back on topic. I'm thinking about selling my 728, but what's it worth?

P6050001m.jpg

You only ever see them being sold as frame+fork, never as a complete bike. However this one is so original that I'd hate to break it up.

Frame + fork usually go for £320-£370, this bike has a good (but not mint) M730 groupset, new (modern) cassette, new Flite Ti, etc etc.
I reckon it sets me back about £950-£1K, but have no idea as to its actual value.

schwinn bomber

Hello......A work colleauge has offered me a totally immaculate and virtually unused Schwinn Bomber full sus bike, Xt running gear and carbon swing arm for £400.00 is this a good bike/deal? opinions please

thanks in advance

Advice please - Giant Terrago 1991 or 92

Hi, i have been recommended to this site by some guys on MTBE forum. I have a Giant Terrago 1992 or 1992 in my garage which i am considering selling to fund new parts for Cube. I bought during my last year at college and it was around £460rrp but it was a last year model sale and i paid £350 if my memory serves me right. It probably only done 300 miles and is in full working order plus cobwebs! Any idea what it would be worth?
Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• South Staffordshire-20120623-00182.jpg
    South Staffordshire-20120623-00182.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,025
It's nice, but it isn't special. People don't tend to collect Giant bikes.

£50. Maybe £75, but that would be on a good day.

I'd concur, maybe £75ish max. It's more interesting than valuable, and like many retro rides may return more if it's broken for spares.

The current Terrago with hydraulic stoppers and Suntour magnesium fork lowers can be brough new for under £400 if you know where to look (about 2/3 of our fleet at work are Terrago's).

Nice machine though.

Thanks for that guys. Not sure i would have the time to break it down and advertise and sell items seperately. to be honest i would be over the moon with anything over £50 maybe someone may see they could make a profit at that price.
How much does it cost to ship a bike do you know if it's not collected.

Raging_Bulls":1a7qjnaj said:
I'm thinking about selling my 728, but what's it worth?

P6050001m.jpg

You only ever see them being sold as frame+fork, never as a complete bike. However this one is so original that I'd hate to break it up.

Frame + fork usually go for £320-£370, this bike has a good (but not mint) M730 groupset, new (modern) cassette, new Flite Ti, etc etc.
I reckon it sets me back about £950-£1K, but have no idea as to its actual value.

You seem to be in the same boat as slimjoe and his zinn in that both are not a widespread market even within rb

Thankfully both of you have been around long enough to know you rarely get back what you put in

in here I suspect between 500-650 depending on the buyer and on that basis I personally would break it, sell the frame and keep the other bits or sell them seperatly

I would try the bay/members sale section like the amp with spins at the price you personally feel it's worth and see if you get any bites?

Yeah, I know I'll never come close to breaking even. Still, it's probably one of the most original examples in existence, so I'd hate to break it up.

Oh well, it's not like I am forced to let it go due to financial reasons or anything. I just can't ride it without severe pain in my back.
If it sits in the For Sale section for months, that's fine with me.

bullseye crank

got this in a box of parts i just got:

striped the original powder coat off it was pretty rough, got in primer now was going to use it but i got a different idea in mind wondering what its worth, evrething is there but the safty key, both bottom bracket cups and spacers, all hardware and 2 new stainless steel bolts for the non drive side arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back