Newnham 4/5th August MBR Race Weekend

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Planning to trundle 50kms worth of Newnham's finest at the MBR race weeekend - any Retrobikers going to be present? Could be persuaded to pedal something old school if there's company!

John, howsabout Gil knocks up some Retrobike flags for campsite identification purposes? I'll pay a few quid for one to get it started...

Neil

too far for me , and I think we might have a south east retro meet that day .

would love to go visit Newnham again, not raced there for 12 years or so :shock:

In France on me hols I'm afraid though. Keep that flag flying though!!

Flags are a great idea.

Sadly got too much other stuff on in August to make it down. Have fun though :D

I kinda thought Newnham would be a perfect old school course, as most of us would have raced there at some point in the 90's.

What other race venues could be given a Retrobike seal of authenticity?

(John - could be a stickie for everyone to recount their vintage race heroics across the UK...?)

Another thought - is retrobiking the new singlespeed? Will there be new classes at races - like historic motor racing: pre 1990; pre front suspension; all British built; cracked frames only class... :LOL:

Flying the lone flag (or not, as the case may be...) for Retrobiking at the weekend, I'll pre-ride the course on the Buckshaver on Saturday and decide whether the old girl fancies the hurly burly of some race day action!

Suspect the rigid Ballistic will have to step in though, as squeaky M-brakes, iffy gear selection and random chain jumping seem to be the order of the day at the moment...

Hopefully the dutiful snapper will capture some lurid pipeline action for you all!

mrkawasaki":t403t7q5 said:
Flying the lone flag (or not, as the case may be...) for Retrobiking at the weekend, I'll pre-ride the course on the Buckshaver on Saturday and decide whether the old girl fancies the hurly burly of some race day action!

Suspect the rigid Ballistic will have to step in though, as squeaky M-brakes, iffy gear selection and random chain jumping seem to be the order of the day at the moment...

Hopefully the dutiful snapper will capture some lurid pipeline action for you all!

Good luck :D

Newnham this weekend!

I will be there, also flying the flag!! Well actually wearing the tee shirt!
Also doing the 50k event.
Say hello if you see me, blue thumbie t shirt [well saturday]
Heathy

What will you be riding come the day?

BTW, I have already fashioned my lame performance excuses, as my girl is taking us off to see/hear Dave Pearce in Newquay after the race, hence I'll be saving meself... ;) roll me another flat one, Dave... :cool:

Neil

Back