Gan team Merckx Ti

pondlife":6lwbxiyr said:
maybe that's enough titanium for one build

i spoke to soon
at the back of the garage i found a Ti cassette in need of some tlc (loose rivets) and a pair of Record brakes,
i've also taken delivery of a pair of Veloflex Masters....nice!

Attachments

• IMGP1154.JPG
    IMGP1154.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 2,896
  • IMGP1155.JPG
    IMGP1155.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,896
the last 6 weeks have provided....
indecision and procrastination over headsets--i finally gave in and fitted the almost new Miche from my Peugeot, its far from brilliant, i give it 4/10 for operation and maybe 4 months before it's total trash.
frustration at missing multiple rear mechs on ebay--Grrrr- but luckly i've found all the missing parts from a 90's Chorus mech on my Garage floor, search over for now.
and one pair of puuuurrfect Record mk1 8 sp Ergos--thanks to Pete mcc, top class, i'll have to convert these to 9's at some point.

almost done now

Attachments

• mex2.jpg
    mex2.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,514
  • mex1.jpg
    mex1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 2,514
Hi J
June's not a good month for projects around here, i get distracted by a silly 24hr race in northern France
the Merckx is not yet completed but i have had a couple of short rides, its suffering with unwanted transmission noise, i've checked the mech hanger, that's straight but that's as far as i got.
borrowed the 8 sp Cosmics off my Daccordi (it's been mothballed) till i go 9 speed, i better hurry up, my next (LAST) project is waiting

Attachments

• IMGP3345.JPG
    IMGP3345.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 1,569
wow, that is one seriously stylish machine and uber rare too i should think.
I prefer the black/gumwall tyres than the red veloflex.
Do tell what the "last " project is :)

the 'last' project is here, build thread may follow soon

as for selling, probably only going to happen if the Wife gets it as part of a divorce settlement ;)

Back