1989 Orange Formula - pic update

It certainly needs to remain a Neon Orange and pearl white.....imho.

Its all very exciting. :cool:

michael@orange got back to me, he had already posted what he/steve could remember but did suggest that I contact Kevin Winter for the repair - he used to work with Paul Donohue BITD and Bob Jackson for the paint.

I'll contact Kevin tomorrow and see if I can drop it round while I am up here.

:cool:

Very interesting indeed..it actually shares a lot of details with my Donohue that I've (shamefully) still not really pushed on yet with! The rear triangle is very different though on the two Donohue made Formulas that now grace this site compared to what I have.

The most interesting thing to me is the frame number though...my own frame has serial number 124689 and this one looks like 133789 (?) I'm guessing that this may have been made shortly after my frame? Plus there's the neon orange paint that I found under the paint on mine..perhaps they were produced at a similar time?

Either way I'm keeping a close eye on this, I need some quality inspiration ;)

mynchiboy":hlnuktht said:
:cool:

Very interesting indeed..it actually shares a lot of details with my Donohue that I've (shamefully) still not really pushed on yet with! The rear triangle is very different though on the two Donohue made Formulas that now grace this site compared to what I have.

The most interesting thing to me is the frame number though...my own frame has serial number 124689 and this one looks like 133789 (?) I'm guessing that this may have been made shortly after my frame? Plus there's the neon orange paint that I found under the paint on mine..perhaps they were produced at a similar time?

Either way I'm keeping a close eye on this, I need some quality inspiration ;)

I'll have another look at the frame number tomorrow - could well be a 9 rather than an 8.

Do you know how the frame numbers worked - is it number/month/year if mine is a 133789 that would make 9 frames made between June and July of 1989 :?

Would love to see a pic of yours on here if you have one :D

nevadasmith":1ccyua8e said:
I'll have another look at the frame number tomorrow - could well be a 9 rather than an 8.

Do you know how the frame numbers worked - is it number/month/year if mine is a 133789 that would make 9 frames made between June and July of 1989 :?

Would love to see a pic of yours on here if you have one :D

I thought you had already seen it..it's all here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... e&start=30

As I said I've shamefully not done much due to riding and work which is sort of the same thing for me...maybe this project will spur me on! TBH I've no idea about how the numbers work either but they are definitely similar for sure. I'm pretty sure that they were both put together fairly closely to each other and there could not have been many produced. I've never seen another like mine either. It's all exciting stuff though :D

Congrats Adrian, superb purchase.

Settling in for the progress as its going to be a good'un.

Back