Konfused Kona - 1999 Kona Caldera

Thats so cool seeing how this bike has grown and adapted over time to suit your need's. Just goes to show that getting the right frame gives you all the bike/s you need.

Well I decided to revert this back to a more sensible build ;)

M950/2 drive chain

Z4 forks with Z2 internals. Heavier than the moon but plush with decent rebound control - I do love tinkering with these.

Not in the pic is a BETD brace that I now have fitted. No mud clogging fears here.

Surprisingly heavy at 28lbs (with pedals) but nearly 5Lbs of that is fork :LOL:

Mud tyres fitted for MM - I have some colour matched :oops: NOS CRUD guards I will be taking too :LOL:

IMGP2692.jpg

IMGP2689.jpg

Mashoosive brace here >>>

IMGP2551.jpg

Another nice build! Liking this more traditional the the 96'er ;)

Bombers weigh a tonne but price worth paying :D

Almost a full year since its last rebuild :oops:

With an almost complete move to 29ers now I had a plethora of 26'' parts left over that I didn't really want to sell :facepalm:

I'm never going to part with the frame so thought I would rebuild it.

Build is mainly from my Soul but with the forks spaced to 90mm.

The frame has been modified to take a disc with hose guides added. As these are not being used (BB7s using original routing) the plan is to ream out the ST to 27.2 from 27.0 to take a dropper post (bandwagon already boarded).

A couple of pics :)

Loving the way this frame has adapted and evolved with all your different set ups! It's the Swiss Army knife of bike frames :)

Thanks MS.

I wouldn't use the swiss knife analogy .... more triggers broom!

As I said above I've gone the 29er route for the majority of my riding so the reality is that this chappy will get very little use :-(

Back