The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

Just picked up this innocent enough looking early (1988??) Marin Palisades in need of some care......but .....with a set of orginal Doug Bradbury Manitous. :cool:

Attachments

• marin.JPG
    marin.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 810
Not retro, but a good find yesterday down the local refuse/recycling centre. A good clean and service and the only addition was a new set of grips. Ebay here it comes.

Attachments

• Copy1.JPG
    Copy1.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 751
Antstark":1kroudh4 said:
Just picked up this innocent enough looking early (1988??) Marin Palisades in need of some care......but .....with a set of orginal Doug Bradbury Manitous. :cool:

Now that's a score! Gil_m has those decals on file from when he did me a set a while back if you want to revamp.

Thanks Pete...£40 well spent I think :D

I was going to contact Gil...but wondering if I just keep them original to be honest

The rest of the forks need some work....elastomers were red mush (no biggie)...and the stantions show some corrosion so they need replacing or rechroming....not sure the best way to go on that yet. Also no top caps :(

Anyone know if PACE stantions are the same diameter?

pete_mcc":2ouscdtm said:
Antstark":2ouscdtm said:

Now that's a score! Gil_m has those decals on file from when he did me a set a while back if you want to revamp.

Pick up a NOS Z1 QR20 for my IH.

d6f953e2.jpg

Perforated!

7413782274_67d207afd8_z.jpg

Not so bad at $80 (not listed as perforated). Even better I acquired a very nice condition black Kore Elite 27.0 seatpost to set it on for $10 shipped (size was unlisted so it went too cheap - I got lucky gambling and getting exact size I wanted). It all fits quite well on the '95 Zaskar LE.

...and oh yeah - I got a NOS set of stickers for that Zaskar for $16 shipped (not from solid eBayer 'felnzo' - a different seller showed up with a few sets on the cheap). Bought them just for the 'GT' portions since mine are a bit yellowed and the price was right (the remainder of stickers on my bike are blue/yellow and in decent enough shape). The sticker set is all black/white so only the GT portion is an exact match for my bike (if anyone has a '95 LE and needs the rest in b/w hit me with a PM).

Kinda weird how all that showed up exactly when I needed it. RetroGods were smiling on me last week.

finally bought myself a set of cable cutters.
i don't know how i've managed for all these years without them.
a must for any bike builder.

Attachments

• IMG_4981.JPG
    IMG_4981.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 535
Back