1990 Marin Pine Mountain

Sherlylock, here is a picture of the new paint up close, a picture of the original zolatone on the darker Palisades and a picture of the touch up bottles. 21 years unopened. If they were wine they would be valuable! Come to think of it, if they were wine they would be empty!

Attachments

• Ra Wee Bottles.jpg
    Ra Wee Bottles.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 644
Loving these Zolatone Marins....takes me back to the day when my Team Marin arrived in 91'...pure joy!! These 91' models came with what was called "Charcoal" Zolatone 2000.

Simonfreese. I cant measure accurately enough to be sure the gusset converter will def fit the 7 speed freewheel. However if I was doing another conversion I think I would use a kit with multiple spacers. Check these out:http://www.velosolo.co.uk/shopsingle.html

They give flexibility and you can run two cogs if you want a two speed. With a chain tensioner fitted you have this option though you have to stop and manually change. Useful for a bike that will be used mostly on flattish routes but will be in the hills occassionaly.

thanks for that, sounds like the multiple spacer option might be the best bet. I will consider two speeds, as it would give my old knees a get of jail card! Thanks for taking the time, much appreciated :D

No worries. You should put some pictures of your bike up. Let all us weird Marin appreciators inspect her! I should have documented the work I did on mine.

I put my last mtb project, a polished GT up as a thread, but wasn't sure about this one as the Muirwoods is quite low end, and I won't be building it up as original, it will be a mixture of components. I thought that this factor combined with the single speed route might not appeal to most!

When I get the parts together I will organise a thread, who knows, it may be of some use!

I had better get organised then!

Am hoping to pick up wheels for this at the weekend, will give me a good excuse to take some photographs and do a thread.

Thanks for your help and interest, it makes the projects more intersting when you can share them with others. :LOL:

Back