The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speedimages":2zb27688 said:
Hi
My 1994 Kona Kileaua

I've owned it since about 1996 and it's been my one and only MTB.
It has 1997 Bomber Z3 forks ( I think the elastomers have finaly had it now) and the seat post is stuck in the frame. Apart from that it's still in good condition and has never let me down. Never wanted to sell it but am thinking of having a new bike so wondered what it was worth and if anyone was interested.

Cheers

Chris

Loosen the seat collar and ride about for a while, might help shift the post. It does effect the value quite a bit, could be hiding all manner of horrors and will definitely put off a fair few prospective punters.

Rob Atkin":1cncl95f said:
I have a couple of sets of boxed NOS DiaCompe 987 cantilevers, e.g. 2 full bikes worth. I was going to horde them for a future build but I've been converted to Maguras so I may as well sell them.
I have silver and purple sets that I might sell, black possibly but I really like the black ones!
I was thinking £45 posted a set would make me part with them (have you seen an old advert to see how much they were BITD? YoWsers!).
Is that reasonable? Do the colours attract or detract from the value?

NOS 3DV 987's are available from mtb kult for 27 euro, and silver for 22.50 euro.

kaiser":2sli5ub2 said:
Rob Atkin":2sli5ub2 said:
I have a couple of sets of boxed NOS DiaCompe 987 cantilevers, e.g. 2 full bikes worth. I was going to horde them for a future build but I've been converted to Maguras so I may as well sell them.
I have silver and purple sets that I might sell, black possibly but I really like the black ones!
I was thinking £45 posted a set would make me part with them (have you seen an old advert to see how much they were BITD? YoWsers!).
Is that reasonable? Do the colours attract or detract from the value?

NOS 3DV 987's are available from mtb kult for 27 euro, and silver for 22.50 euro.

I will keep them then!! Thanks.

Independent Fabrications Deluxe singlespeed

Hi,

My IF Deluxe singlespeed has sat unused in a snug spot under the stairs for, er, 10 years :oops:

So it's time for it to go to an owner who'll have the time to use and enjoy it...

IF Deluxe 853 singlespeed frame w/ custom paint job, medium (18inch-ish)
Marzocchi Bomber Z2 X-Fly fork
Syncros stem and bar
Deore XT crank and brake levers (think the brakes might be LX or STX)
Hope hubs / Mavic X517 rims / IRC Notos XC tyres
USE XCR shockpost
Selle Italia Flite saddle

I've also got the Pace RC30 fork that I originally fitted to it kicking around somewhere.

It's all in very good nick, though I wouldn't claim anything like mint. Loved, used and very occasionally raced between 1998 and 2002, then dry stored.

What's it worth? Would prefer to sell complete, probably, but might consider splitting if the price(s) is/are right.

Thanks!

PS I'd add pics, but :oops: can't work out how. Do they need to be hosted somewhere else in order for me to do that, or can I just embed them?

Must be an early IF, price is so much dependant on that paint job and condition. Theres been a few frames for sale all around the £3-400 mark. I guess with the rest £700 maybe.

Re: Independent Fabrications Deluxe singlespeed

SebRogers":2qwzo5fi said:
PS I'd add pics, but :oops: can't work out how. Do they need to be hosted somewhere else in order for me to do that, or can I just embed them?

Hosting them elsewhere is easiest, you can add to your gallery but alot of folks have problem with image sizing and wotnot.

IF pics

Right, I think I've figured this out: :oops:

photo-20.html

[/img]http://sebrogers.typepad.com/photos/if/photo-21.html[/img]
photo-22.html

[/img]http://sebrogers.typepad.com/photos/if/photo-23.html[/img]
http://sebrogers.typepad.com/photos/if/photo-24.html[img]

I'll take some nicerer pics once it's for sale :lol:

Been offered a Gazelle 1999 Titanium hardtail frame for £150, with fork, headset and stem...

Is this a good deal? More into road bikes but moving to Sweden soon so MTB could be handy and I do like a spot of Ti!

Thanks for letting me know guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back