Lanciano racer

Munchie

Retro Newbie
I've bought this bike two days ago. The frame is really rigid and light, and it has a Shimano Dura Ace EX groupset mounted, but the crankset got replaced in the past by a Shimano Sora. At the rear wheel there are Shimano dropouts, and the fork has Campagnolo dropouts. The tubes are Reynoulds.

The bike is really nice to ride. But I've never heard of the brand "Lanciano". Did anyone of you ever heard of it? I would love to have some more information about the brand/frame.

Thx for the replies!!

Some quick pics...

jq4a3m.jpg

25hpzwn.jpg

24vjluo.jpg

possibly one of the small Italian makers or a British maker trying to sound Italian....either way it looks pretty nice, can we have a load more photo's please with full frontal close ups!

Ok, thanks for your info! The bike also has alot of decals from the store on it.

At this moment I'm very busy with cleaning the bike. I will post some detailled pictures as soon as I have finished it.

professional = English
professionnel = French

Lanciano is a city in central Italy, so French bike with Italian sounding branding?

I thought the French had their own French language Reynolds tubing transfers? that one defo looks English to me?

chambo34":d2ucy2nw said:
I thought the French had their own French language Reynolds tubing transfers? that one defo looks English to me?

eeerrrrmmmm...yep French Reynold stickers are around, assuming it was a French import tubeset, not one bought from England... I have a French Bertin with Italian Columbus Aelle stickers

Looks like one of those small Italian Boutique shop type frames.

Is the bottom bracket thread Italian?

Looks nice anyway...enjoy.

Back