(Another) can you identify this frame for me thread ....

downhillsquirell

Retro Newbie
Can you help me identified this frame? Bought on another forum some three years ago from a chap who was selling for a mate who bought it in a closing down sale (around Wolverhampton maybe) some years previously? Have commuted five days a week on it since then so sorry about the poor state of the frame :eek:(

Anyway, frame has no decals only small silver sticker above the BB – maybe a dealer or tubing sticker? Short spear lugs with nice little heart shaped cutouts at the headtube on both TT and downtube. Shot-in seat stays (if that’s the right term). Rear dropouts are stamped on the inside T125 and the BB is marked only G-61. Has lugs for a rack on the inside of the seat stays and dropouts so may be an Audex style frame maybe? Still rides well with my old Nigel Dean 531c forks even if they are in a slightly different shade of blue.

Lots of rust now and the BB threads are gone but that’s not too much of a problem, am therefore contemplating a cheap blasting, primer and powdercoat or another s/h frame.
p4pb8283092.jpg

p4pb8283103.jpg

p4pb8283128.jpg

p4pb8283159.jpg

downhillsquirell":wnfvrahc said:
Can you help me identified this frame? Bought on another forum some three years ago from a chap who was selling for a mate who bought it in a closing down sale (around Wolverhampton maybe) some years previously? Have commuted five days a week on it since then so sorry about the poor state of the frame :eek:(

Anyway, frame has no decals only small silver sticker above the BB – maybe a dealer or tubing sticker? Short spear lugs with nice little heart shaped cutouts at the headtube on both TT and downtube. Shot-in seat stays (if that’s the right term). Rear dropouts are stamped on the inside T125 and the BB is marked only G-61. Has lugs for a rack on the inside of the seat stays and dropouts so may be an Audex style frame maybe? Still rides well with my old Nigel Dean 531c forks even if they are in a slightly different shade of blue.

Lots of rust now and the BB threads are gone but that’s not too much of a problem, am therefore contemplating a cheap blasting, primer and powdercoat or another s/h frame.
p4pb8283092.jpg

p4pb8283103.jpg

p4pb8283128.jpg

p4pb8283159.jpg

Strange kind a hybrid stay, more like a fastback than a shot in.

More photos needed really.

Rk.

Pictures of which bits might help? unusual frame agreed, not seen one like it ... erring towards a respray at the moment ...

p4pb8283123.jpg

p4pb8283110.jpg

p4pb8283084.jpg

if any of these help ... let me know if I can post any more images
Cheers
DhS

I think that is a standard seat lug with built in sockets for the seat stays. Possibly Long Chen manufacture? I'll have to have a look through my catalogue. The lugs may also be Long Chen in a 'Prugnat copy' style.

Is there any writing on the dropouts or stamping on the lugs?

Have checked the dropouts and lugs - no sign of a name but what might be a "T" on the ND side but that might just be wishful thinking. As shown above, the non-drive side is stamped T125 and just noticed the drive side is T114. The dropouts aren't cheap stamped-out jobs and have adjuster screws. There is a chain hanger braze-on , the brake bridge is hourglass shaped and drilled for a recessed allen bolt. The braze-ons for the rack are also hourglass shaped and are on the inside of the rear seat stays. It appears to be a nice quality frame ... Hope this helps. Will post some pics.

Back