MS RACING pro comp XT. *prize*

Rob Atkin":1ha6e3br said:
The forks look good on it mate, looks like a bike for riding and gettin' dirty!

How does it ride...ok?

to be honest, even with the old blocks in and a chain handy, i havn't had a go on it yet. :oops:

plenty of opportunity next week when some bits arrive and this mouldy old bathroom has been ripped out(off topic, sorry) plasterboard gets everywhere! including my nostrils :)

cheers.

real shame the original forks had to come out but its better to be able to ride her
far more fun to rid them none of this perfect paintwork and NOS parts they were built to ride so ride them

Nice job matey :) :)

PS. if you want to get rid of the original forks i have a CR2 that could do with them

Wow, look at the rake on those forks! Is it an MTB or a Chopper? ;)

I bet you could jump off that while it's moving and it'd roll half a mile on its own without deviating from a straight line.

Chopper1192":x7phb9be said:
Wow, look at the rake on those forks! Is it an MTB or a Chopper? ;)

I bet you could jump off that while it's moving and it'd roll half a mile on its own without deviating from a straight line.

true. original setup too self-guiding for the the terrain i frequent. may come in handy though, for when i need to remove corn flies from my face :)

Came across this thread when looking for some spares, here's my owned from new bike.
Bought for £500 in 1992 I think as an indulgence.
Used ever since and always gives a laugh to some of the more serious riders when oout and about.
Fierce back brake and lack of weight impresses still :mrgreen:

Attachments

• DSCF0673 (Copy).JPG
    DSCF0673 (Copy).JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF0674 (Copy).JPG
    DSCF0674 (Copy).JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF0675 (Copy).JPG
    DSCF0675 (Copy).JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 437
  • DSCF0676 (Copy).JPG
    DSCF0676 (Copy).JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 436
  • DSCF0677 (Copy).JPG
    DSCF0677 (Copy).JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 436
nice one, good to see another, especially in this colour it seems a tad rarer.

The one in this thread is out of my care now. I built it and enjoyed it but, too many rigid bikes in the stable so the frame and fork was re-karma'd to another member on here and the parts were used on other builds, etc..

What's the plan then mate? are you considering a rebuild or just swapping some bits out?

m.

Sometime in the near future I would hope to get hold of replacement complete front wheel to match the back one in quality and a new good bottom bearing.
I had to make a hasty repairs last year with somewhat average parts from my local bike butchers after a road crash, big stone in the way !!! A new saddle is needed but I would like to get it recovered rather than replaced.

Back