'99 Orange Ms Isle rebuild time!

Building and hopefully riding. Going to get it all together and then possibly strip back down for paint. Will see how it goes.

Well today has been a nightmare :roll:

Started stripping the MsIsle down and all going well until we reach the chainset... Nothing working even a three legged bearing puller wouldn't move it... Last resort... Cut a slit in the crank arm to release it from the taper... Hooray it worked!

So then I'm left with a frame holding a bottom bracket... Plastic side kept breaking bits off so ended up having to break up the last few threads I couldn't get out with a Stanley knife.. This meaning I ended up with a slightly worse than required start thread for the bottom bracket where I'd been pushing against it to get the bb plastic out. Silly aluminium threads lol.

Popped to my local bike shop (100m walk) and have booked it in to have the thread re-cut tomorrow to ensure I don't mess up my nice new external BB.

So i then turned to the wheels and started putting tyre/tubes on. Then mounted rotors to wheels.

Roll on tomorrow hopefully more successful than today.

Project Ms isle currently looking like this:

f527248b.jpg

It's going ahead. Need to get back riding... Beer gut says so lol. It'll probably be in pieces again next weekend for paint and a few other touches :D

New wheels with rubber on. DMR moto rt in 2.2 variety.

9fb5d5e4.jpg

50ab323a.jpg

Ideal tread for my commuting as a starter. May look at something more offroad based as the need arises.

Just put the new saddle on the post. Far more user friendly than the titec berserker that was on it previously.
66d5b5e2.jpg

Well its back together for my commute to work.

Still bits to iron out and at some point re-paint. But I'm so glad to have it back as a useable bike :D

First commute today. Bike is far nicer to ride than in its previous guise.

Gearing needs a little bit of adjustment and the rear brake needs to be re-bled but useable for now until I take it apart for paint.

ChrisR":2bb9baqj said:
First commute today. Bike is far nicer to ride than in its previous guise.

Gearing needs a little bit of adjustment and the rear brake needs to be re-bled but useable for now until I take it apart for paint.

Don't believe its ready ;)

We need pictures to prove it!

Back