Donnay Carbon Pro 8000

Love the look with the red and black very classy. love the STI gear system I might have to invest in a pair for mines :)

Funny seeing this old girl again! I sold it to Martin back in 2008 and remember meeting him at his place to drop it off as part of a very long round trip with many stops for different reasons. If you have any questions then just shoot and I'll see if I can answer.

I acquired it here in Belgium, which makes sense since as commented above Donnay is a Belgian company. I assumed from the outset that it was a third party frame badged up, but never managed to figure out whose it was. I seem to recall that it has an Italian threaded BB but I don't know if that narrows it down at all. I guess not.

Cheers,
Gareth.

garethrl":2tcjxj06 said:
Funny seeing this old girl again! I sold it to Martin back in 2008 and remember meeting him at his place to drop it off as part of a very long round trip with many stops for different reasons. If you have any questions then just shoot and I'll see if I can answer.

I acquired it here in Belgium, which makes sense since as commented above Donnay is a Belgian company. I assumed from the outset that it was a third party frame badged up, but never managed to figure out whose it was. I seem to recall that it has an Italian threaded BB but I don't know if that narrows it down at all. I guess not.

Cheers,
Gareth.

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for this - If its an Italian BB I suspect its got to be knocking on the door of Alan - the lugs are very similar, even if the carbon used isn't (Although that could be more related to model year).

I am going to be looking at the BB shortly as I have to change chainsets on it.

Not sure if Alan or another company sold the lugs as a set?

I am very delighted to say that a great deal of this has moved on to a new home...namely, my garage.

quite excited about having a proper road bike, as closest i've been to one like this is either my cross bike, or a 5 speed raleigh when I was 12

will start up a build thread when I have enough bits to build it

thanks to DA for applying the very small amount of pressure that was required to persuade me

well thats a hell of a transformation, looks good if a tad on the small side [frame] tell me did you end up using a mix of durace/ultegra ? :xmas-wink:

oonaff":2oa2n2rm said:
well thats a hell of a transformation, looks good if a tad on the small side [frame] tell me did you end up using a mix of durace/ultegra ? :xmas-wink:

Yes, Dura Ace Rear mech, chainset, Ultegra shifters. Worked OK from memory, however, the same gears are on another bike now and they are not working as well..

But thats another story.

Anyhow, over to BobCatMax who now is doing a lovely job of putting Campag bits on it.

Back