Hard Hitting Hard Tails

Thanks all for your comments.

I was thinking of getting a very (over) stiff frame because I am no light weight. I won't be spending all days in the saddle but It will also be used for the school run etc.

The Chameleon or Chute would be my first choice but I can't find the later and the first have taken the usual summer price hike.

That Chuck looks awesome but not sure it isn't a step too far.

The Dialled Bikes Prince Albert is spot on for what you need (although it's steel rather than Alu). I've used mine for long (40+ miles) XC rides, jumping in the local woods and DH'ing at Stile Cop (5/6ft drops and jumps, etc)

I'm 13(ish!) stone, so not a lightweight, and the frame comes in a 19" :cool:

Here's mine.....

Genesis Alpitude?

genesis-alpitude-2012-mountain-bike-frame.jpg

Just found a few pics of my old Chameleon....I really wish I hadn't sold it. It came down to this of the DH bike, which at the time was being ridden more so I sold the Chameleon. Not a good idea!

Think the pics are from a phone so they are not great.

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00887.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

Orange Crush/Ragley MBop/Saracen Mantra are all alloy choices I considered before I bought an On-One 456 as the price was right. Should have persevered, the On-One's great but its not as stiff or light as my original plan required, I compromised instead of sticking to my guns. :roll:

Transition TransAm, I've tried one and liked it but didn't do anything too hard, My bikeshop mate has one and thinks it is the best hardtail he has ever ridden, he said it just gives you smiles. He was a Transition dealer but also stocked SantaCruz and KTMs at the time, he thought the TransAm was miles better than the Chameleon.

Saracen zen's are great off the shelf frames. Have one myself and am considering getting a newer one. Mine's a 19" too.

Back