1997 GT STS 2 FINISHED (AGAIN!!) @ 28.10.12

I had to drill the original cable stops out to allow the cable to run through. It was a bit of hassle because I dropped the cable in the frame which is a few hours of cursing to get out if you do. I ran some new lighter shifter cable through the original casing before I pulled it out and then drilled out the stops carefully.

I fed the hydraulic line over the shifter cable and when I had it fed through I pulled the cable out and hitched up the brakes and bled them.

It's not a job for the faint hearted. I've dropped my cable in the frame about 5 times and have done my nut. :evil: :evil:

Just noticed I haven't complemented you on your bikes. It looks stunning. Your bikes are in a league of their own. They look... Industrial.

The Magura conversion seems like quite an operation! I am thinking of doing the same with mine but I am not sure. Can you still run Vee's if you want to?

I think it you could run vbrakes again as they have a cable stop built in. The outer cable just runs the whole way through the frame is all.

OK. I've dialled everything in and it rides beautifully.
I think this is the last version...

:D :D :D

STSphoto1.jpg

donny70":bpi41a57 said:

STSphoto1.jpg

So Nice !! Your previous inspirated a lot when I decided to rebuilt an old STS-DH...
The new fork is awesome, years I haven't seen one of its kind ! :D

donny70":1r9ixgzm said:

STSphoto1.jpg

So Nice !! Your previous inspirated a lot when I decided to rebuilt an old STS-DH...

Back