Finished - Roberts Mystery Bike

Well and truly 'blooded' or should that be 'muddied' the Roberts today.

After deciding something was definately not quite right with the position of the saddle, I moved the seatpost up a little over an inch. This had the effect of not only moving the seat up, but also back a little bit.

So, with that done and everything feeling a lot better, it was time to head for the woods, in this case Ashton Wood and 50 Acre Wood, both just outside Bristol.

The bike is superb and really climbs like a mountain goat, making me look much more able that I actually am. Steering is very fast and precise, and at one point the combination of a root across the track, powerful Avid SD7 brakes and the extreme light weight of the bike meant I took my first proper tumble in a while :oops: It was later joined by several others in 50 Acre Wood, which is indeed ROOTY, as I was advised by Gravy Monster and others.

Anyway, the WS is a real peach to ride and the forks are quite something, as they really take the sting out of quite a lot of the trail.

In all it's muddiness.

WSphoto1.jpg

With my son's first MTB build (a Felt) in the background.

WSphoto2.jpg

Now thats ^^^^^^ an Excellent Picture.

It OOOOZES class in that colour...IMHO.

And that picture sums up what Mountain biking is for me.

:cool:

sinnerman":q2fb165f said:
And that picture sums up what Mountain biking is for me.

:cool:

Me too, and what a complete delight it is to ride.

You're right about the colour, it is a custom finish that Jackson's blend as they spray, but it was an inspired choice by the last owner.

Unless the DB is back and built by the time of the British Steel ride, this will be my choice for the day. I intend to put a lot of miles on it between now and then.

Back