Schwinn S6 4B

Earthquake

Retro Newbie
Greetings, my first post here.

A few weeks ago a good friend traded me his yr 2000 Schwinn Straight-6 4-Banger for a six pack. Before that eventful day, I'd never heard of these bikes and have been trying to track down as much history as I can, which led me to this site.

Can anyone tell me where to find out more about these great bikes? Years built, colors, etc.? Is mine really a 2000 year? What does Straight-6 and 4-Banger mean? (He told me is was suspension travel, is that correct?)

The bike has Shimano XTR components, Fox Vanilla shock and fork, and Shimano XTR front brake. Since getting it, I've replaced the chain, fixed/bled the rear brake (Hayes), replaced the seat, hadlebar, stem, grips, seat-post clamp and added a bottle cage and mini-bar ends.

I've ridden it once so far at a great MTB trail system near me and it was butter! Loving this bike, but wanting to find out more about the history of these things....sounds like they were well liked in their day, and still so!

Did I get a good deal on this? Anything else I should know about the bike? I've had an 18 year hiatus from mountain biking, and so far this has been a great reintroduction.

Since it said I have to have one post before posting links, here's the picture that should have been in the original post above...

457641_3976496620020_1318172726_o.jpg

That is a Schwinn Straight 6.
Just google it and you can find more info.

It should have 140 mm rear travel

2 sixpacks??? Two packs of Belgian beers! What a bargain... Why does that never happened to me :cry: :cry: Love the rear suspension system!

Back