Raleigh Flyer

ah ok, maybe they have others?

I just use an old flat head screw driver, gently tap it down the slit :shock: to widen it like it should be :p

I have got some great transfers from H Llloyds "can't be beaten y'know" but your bike may be on the modern side for them??

Dead Rats":1dp8usx8 said:
I have got some great transfers from H Llloyds "can't be beaten y'know" but your bike may be on the modern side for them??

Unless its a coincidence, I suspect H Lloyds and Decals2000 are one and the same as they are both on holiday until the 1st of May.

I will speak to them tomorrow and find out. There are no Flyer decals at all that I can see on the PDF on the H Lloyd website and there are these on Ebay so you never know.

Thanks for the pointer.

Scotty

Yep H Lloyd and decals2000 are the one and the same...I found out when trying to find out about some Dynatech 500 decals.

Just curious, who is spraying the frame?

Shaun

Midlife":1ttr5d89 said:
Just curious, who is spraying the frame?

Shaun

Have spoken to Triple S in Bingley.

http://www.triple-s.co.uk/

Am having 2nd thoughts about what to do though. I might see if they can paint on the Flyer decals as its not that complicated but if I am getting them to do it should I maybe just do it myself? I can easily get the Raleigh sticker, its just the red yellow and blue bits I need. Will ponder it overnight and make a decision tomorrow morning.

Right, I know this is a silly question but from this photo of the tyre size, I assume my wheels are 27 1/14?

2012-06-16120650.jpg

The only reason I ask is because the wheels are blatantly not 27 inches in diameter but that might just be me not understanding how the sizing works.

I am just wanting to check as have now got the frame back from the paintshop and need to start putting it back together. I cant really afford to get the wrong ones. I think I might have to do some hunting around to get some with 120mm rear spacing.

Help appreciated.

mattsccm":3g3hbff3 said:
Just a thought. Why not look for some alloy wheels. Just to lighten things uo a bit.

I am I just want to check I have definitely got the size right first before I buy them. Can you confirm?

I had thought that this was a simple question but obviously not. Can someone point me in the direction of someone who might be able to help or a website that can explain this? What I have seen so far is suggesting that I look at the rim width which is smaller than 27 1/14. I want to make sure I have the right wheels before I spend the money.

So my wheel seems to be 25 1/2 inches in diameter. The tyre says 27x1/14 and that seems to be the diameter to the outside of the tyre.

Back