The bike that started it all for me. 1990 Marin BearValley

GT-Steve

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
.... So here it is, a 1990 Marin Bear Valley. I was tooling around in 88 and 89 on my Raleigh Banana Road bike, thinking I had it all..

Then one day in 89, one of my friends popped round on one of these. It had black rims, and I think it even had black cranks... One ride and I was totally smitten. Mtb'ing was to be for me. Sadly one of these was out of my budget so I'd set my targets on a muirwoods or Pallisades, but that never happened cos I discovered Alpinestars..

So a couple of weeks ago I get a message out the blue from dkdaz on here, telling me he's selling his minter of a B.V.... The answer for me was inevitable and today after a load of messaging about meeting up conveniently, I made it mine....

8c5d4603.jpg

1e048df0.jpg

Love it :cool: , what an absolute peach you have there ,even down to the Marin tyres.

The one I see around or on eBay are usually rusted and abused, one lucky BV :LOL:

Very cool

A good score there bud... Gotta love those Pro Combo tyres. Does it have white decals? I ask cos the one on the stem looks gold.

Rich

Gravy Monster":2555q8r3 said:
Love it :cool: , what an absolute peach you have there ,even down to the Marin tyres.

The one I see around or on eBay are usually rusted and abused, one lucky BV :LOL:

Very cool

Cheers fella, There's another one round here, that looks like it's just stepped out the shop, but I've tried badgering him to sell it a hundred times, but he's just not giving in...

It's a sad thing to say but it's the tyres I loved, as a kid, cos I was used to skinny road tyres.. :oops:

PopsTrippin":2f3qwxzo said:
A good score there bud... Gotta love those Pro Combo tyres. Does it have white decals? I ask cos the one on the stem looks gold.

Rich

Yeah he decals are white, and definitely original. The decal on the stem is a derk shade of gold, and this ties in with the MarinCounty decal half way down the seat tube..

In fact, everything's 100% original, from the groupset, wheels, tyres post, saddle and pedals. Daz did swap out the cantis for some black ones (which definitely look better) but he's also supplied me with the originals too.

Can't moan at all. There's a couple of rub marks to the Zolatone, from cable sheaths, but other than that, there's none of the usual grot..

:cool:

Back