My Brother's GT STS DH

Jack nice sts.
Might have some luck with the rotors on ebay, try the euro ebay sites as they were more common in europe than the states.
IMO I would keep it as is, get some new decals and a bit of a tidy up. an AC chain device and dh cranks is all i would change the rest is period correct, would be cool if left that way.

Barneyballbags":7pky5b23 said:
That is gorgeous!! :cool:

But.... Isn't that a crack in the aluminium by on the top tube (near the headtube)..? It's probably just a mark :)
i'm usually an optimist, but that does look kinda scary.

krakhaus":1w1fsdbh said:
Barneyballbags":1w1fsdbh said:
That is gorgeous!! :cool:

But.... Isn't that a crack in the aluminium by on the top tube (near the headtube)..? It's probably just a mark :)
i'm usually an optimist, but that does look kinda scary.

Don't worry. I just got it cleaned up and it's no longer there. =)

Thank you for the info 13!

Unfortunately, one of the things which he sold off the bike was the AC front end. And it's difficult as hell to find back the same kit.

As of now, the decals have already been changed and I will be updated the thread pretty soon. So do keep watching this thread! =)

13":2x6ve5n6 said:
Jack nice sts.
Might have some luck with the rotors on ebay, try the euro ebay sites as they were more common in europe than the states.
IMO I would keep it as is, get some new decals and a bit of a tidy up. an AC chain device and dh cranks is all i would change the rest is period correct, would be cool if left that way.

Here's the final product. One year on and it's finally completed.
JGH_5154_2.jpg

A big thank you to Gil_M for making this possible. New decals!
JGH_5168.jpg

JGH_5214.jpg

White Spinergy Cyclone Enduro wheels. Looking all pimped up.
JGH_5159.jpg

New school Shimano XT Disc Brakes w Hope 6 bolt rotors 180/160mm
JGH_5161.jpg

JGH_5193.jpg

JGH_5185.jpg

Nothing beats having a CK headset.
JGH_5226.jpg

The beauty of CNC. Pity no one makes them anymore
JGH_5234.jpg

Matching GT grips
JGH_5246.jpg

Some may question why make it into an XC bike when this was supposed to be a DH legend. In fact, we don't have any DH tracks at all in Singapore. And since majority of the parts were either not working, impossible to find replacement parts or were close to breaking apart due to wear and tear, the only logical thing to do was to get them changed. And while at it, practicality came to mind. With today's standards, it was hard to find something that could fit the bike i.e. 20mm thru axle fork 100mm travel, 20mm thru axle wheels, disc brake, clearance and etc. Thus, we got on to identify the potential problems which may occur in the future, identified the parts and change those which may show signs of trouble in the future. It was a great experience working on the bike and rewarding indeed. I will post more photos when we're able to bring our bikes off-road.

Back