1989 Grove Innovations Hardcore

A positive thing of paintjobs like this is they seem to have the feature to mask dirt or damages better.

I sure do think people will get bored of all black bikes.

Jez,

I don't know about a fluro revival but Melvin is right, the black splatter makes it really easy to cover up scratches that are inevitable in the Mountain bike scene.

Steve,

Yes, the BB is very high, 13.5" to be exact. This bike was designed to be the first real technical woods/trail bike...and on the east coast that means lots of downed trees and baby head rocks. This design really cruises over the rough stuff.

cheers,

rody

Was wondering whats the smallest framesize they offer? The paintjob..wow..this one's just way too cool..

Cypher,

Smallest was 16". Maybe smaller was possible if you went the custom route. Don't know.

Here you find a Hard Core review (in German) =>

HC review

...and here German pricing =>

pricing

The documents say 16"=smallest, 19"=tallest.

I love the colors…
I've got the same stem-bar on my 86 C'dale… The fork is an innovation too but not the same…
P1020622.jpg

jesus...

this here is what i imagine seeing in the wiki under 'retrobike'. (the grove, not the c'dale)

you've completely kicked eveyone's arse. close the site. we're done.

ps - props to OH...i grew up in cleveland.

yeah, right! finally we found an "retrobike-overall-winner"! that's it! this is the end...we can sell our entire bike stable, put our money into retro car projects and start all over again! ;) the grove is kick-ass :cool:

p.s.: if somebody wants to sell his Klein Attitude Team for 10 quid I'm in again! :roll:

Rody, Really pleased for you! I had 2 bikes stolen and I am still pissed about it (15 years on!). It looks awesome and I can only imagine how great the first ride will be for you. Great Bike, great story!

dookie":1mtih15o said:
this here is what i imagine seeing in the wiki under 'retrobike'.
This made me laugh, only beacause it ilustrates how different we are. For me, having never seen a Grove before coming on here, the word 'Retrobike' conjured up images of Overburys and Oranges.

Vive La Diffrence! :D

Back