Show us yer FSR's

Rocked the trails yesterday, I more and more come to love the agility of this bike. Very precise steering in the midst of MUD and roots.

large_fsr-rocknroll.jpg

I don't understand how these old bikes can ride so well, its crazy!

I did a killer XC ride a couple of weeks back that had us climbing up moorland then a 2-3 mile rocky downhill, the bike was great.

I took mine to some local woods last monday that has a proper trail setup, i have done this slight downhill trail a lot of times in the past on my hard tail, never felt like the 98 FSR was "ready" enough to use it at a proper centre.

This time i knew it felt ready enough (although still needs improvements)

And i just flew down the trail, i remember getting to the bottom and thinking "feck me! either i did that a LOT faster or its a lot shorter than i remember"

So i climbed back up the killer fire roads and did it all again :D

Then i mooched off into the woods for some of the unofficial trails.

Such a brilliant bike with a longer travel front fork on it (130mm on mine)

Just need to change the front fork bushes and swap out the crappy brake callipers for some nice BB7 :D

After hitting a tree and mangeling my brake lever I installed these monster bark busters. They're ment for moto cross, but bolted right onto my handle bars. They're kinda heavy and you can feel the wieght a bit when turning, but they're stout!
Luckily I was able to save my brake lever and the hydro's weren't comprimised. I just had to finish a DH course with my rear brake lever flapping about; Fun!.....

Attachments

• IMG_0890 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0890 - Copy.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 2,327
  • IMG_0889 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0889 - Copy.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 2,327
Not a 'proper FSR', although it does still have the same rear end...

DSC03665.jpg

DSC03667.jpg

DSC03662.jpg

Just waiting for my 36's to arrive now the Z150's have been sold. Over the coming months I am going to change the Diabolus cranks for Atlas, get some Mavic Crossline wheels and some Conti Rubber Queen tyres all in the name of weight loss.

It should still be happy enough being taken to Stile Cop, but should also be better for long rides.

Been playing around today. '00 drop off with 30mm more travel. Fits quite good into color scheme :cool:

Before and after

large_fsrorange.jpg

large_fsrlime.jpg

lovely :) prefer the green marz though :)

whats the i2i on that shock? i'm starting to think that the fox float i got on mine doesn't provide enough travel and the Rock Shox Deluxe i have is beginning to fail (still got my squeaky issue)

finding a 165 i2i coil shock with rebound adjust isn't as easy as i thought.....

Although I built this bike around the orange Z1, I also think the limey is just great. Have to check the angles though. And she needs a service.

What do you mean by i2i?

Grugru":3njo2aqh said:
What do you mean by i2i?

eye to eye length - the total length between the centre of the eyelet bushes (where the shock mounts to the frame one end and the shock link the other).

as such:

shock_i2i_000.jpg

I got a Coupe as well, 165mm. And I have a DT Swiss Air with 165 but this one needs new distance sleeves. Maybe you check mtb-news.de, I got mine from there.

Or you look for a tuning linkage, which allows 180-200mm i2i.

That green spech looks ace with the green bombers on, really nice.

I wanted one of these so bad when they first came out but could never afford one as a teenager.

Back