Has any one run a 203mm disc on Manitou forks ??

retro73

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have a Cindercone with Manitou Mars super forks and was wondering if anyone has ever had any issues or advice of any kind when using 203 instead of say a 185 disc set up ??

I am using Kore ti quick release skewers to and was hoping they would be ok, but after reading some topics from Google searches it seems a little confusing

Any sensible advice would be appreciated

Thanks Dave[/u][/b]

I probably wouldnt run a rotor that large on that fork. I reckon your at yer limit.

I had a set of marz mx comps, 30mm stanchions. The recommended rotor for those was 7'' i believe. They flexed like buggery with 8'' rotor.
So i switched to dj3's, 32mm stanchions and the biggest for these is 8''. Much less flex.

Bugger it !! Was hoping it would all be fine and i was worrying over nothing lol

So anyone wanting to buy some 203 cs g3s :-(

retro73":2ohnu301 said:
Bugger it !! Was hoping it would all be fine and i was worrying over nothing lol

So anyone wanting to buy some 203 cs g3s :-(

Do you want to buy more 203's g3cs's? Haha!

Get a steel ruler and put it flat against disc and measure the extra distance to see if a bigger disc would rub anywhere.

Then find out if there is an adaptor bracket made for your caliper. Unless you intend using a different brake. Still use the ruler thing to check clearance.

Replaced the 203's with a smaller disc

Now i need new hoses as the ones i already have are too short :cry:

Goodridge are bit too much money at £60, so not sure what to do now wish i had kept my v brakes ...

Goodridge give mixed results...........get standard hose (ebay ? ), but good EBC pads...........and yes good v's like modern Avid single digit 7's are great with a speed dial style lever.

Back