Hope Tech Upgrading issues-Update :D

BertR00t":3kbpwzhy said:
Interesting stuff as I was thinking of doing the levers on mine. Looking at them I thought it would be easy to hold the piston in with a cable tie and then get the lever off the master cylinder assembly.

What happens to the piston thingy when you remove the lever?

Not sure,i didnt watch :? Wheelcraft is an institution so theres always other things going on .laughs to be had ,coffee to be made and piss to be taken :LOL:
Given that one piston has to come out to fit the bore cap its going to be messy but from what i remember[i know only yesterday :oops:] the lever gubbings stay more or less together and its only the cam,return spring and the blade itself that comes apart :?

giant-one":3kbpwzhy said:
The Hope factory is about a mile from my house and one of the design guys Aston Payne lives down the road, I chat to him every now and then about RB and Hope products and is a really nice chap.
Next time you see him,thank the staff in general for me :cool:

You'll be getting the ones from the special edition brakes, I have the M4's on my Salsa Ala Carte.
It's just the adjusters mind,cant see them sending me the bore caps too :? ,nice to offer in the first place,dont want to appear to be a scrounger[though i unashamedly am :oops: ]

I probably could if and when I need stuff but not really thought of that as the LBS is a Hope supplier so gone through them :roll:
dyna-ti. Will do :D

Went up to Big Al's Wheelcraft today to get my brakes rebled after the red upgrades.WOW what a hell of a tricky job these new hopes are :shock: Took well over 2 hours to purge all the air from the system and even then we're unsure it wont get back in.
Might be that once you pop the piston out and the borecap you could have to replace the seals also,only time will tell there. :?
While i was there my hope freebies arrived for the trouble of the mushroomed adjuster screws.

Nice one Hope and Thank You very Very much :D :D

Attachments

• Hope Freebies 002 (Large).JPG
    Hope Freebies 002 (Large).JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 594
dyna-ti":2t7ny6dm said:
Took well over 2 hours to purge all the air from the system and even then we're unsure it wont get back in.

Wow, takes me about ten minutes but I occasionally forget to point them down when nearly finished and give em a tap. Hope the seals are OK, never had one to bits but looked at the exploded diagram. Too many bits for my liking cos I am guaranteed I would have spare bits left...

Back