Peugeot Perthus

Larusso

Dirt Disciple
Hi

I managed to acquire a Peugeot Perthus about a week ago. The condition is not too bad, a few marks on the paint work and there was some signs of rust on the forks. Anyway this is what it looked like only after some cleaning:

7171760251_b10f7cfc64_b.jpg

I then got some new brake lever hoods, bar tape, brake blocks, brake cables, and some Veloflex Master 22 tyres. This is what it looks like now:

7356974774_37a1e19fd3_b.jpg

The frame is Reynolds 753R and the forks are 753 as well:

7356975190_f91a5f657c.jpg
7171761197_aa8ea544c6.jpg

I am really pleased with it. Had a ride out yesterday and found it nice and light and responsive. Can't wait to go out for some more rides on it.

I paid £130 for it and have probably spent about the same again to get it to how it is now.

Thanks

I like that a lot :cool:

I like the bartape colour it would suit mine, if you dont mind me asking where did you get it. Also any feedback on the veloflex tyres ?

The bar tape is the cheaper Cinelli cork tape on Wiggle.

I have only had one ride on the veloflex tyres but they seem very nice. Smooth and grippy. I might be able to provide better feedback once I get out on a few more rides. They were a nightmare to get on though! Pinched two inner tubes trying to get them on :(

Cracking bargain -

Perthus pro was a good frameset indeed....
only thing i would personally change would be your chain rings..but thats being fussy.

I like the veloflex tyres - good choice

toomski":3tqykgbt said:
Cracking bargain -

Perthus pro was a good frameset indeed....
only thing i would personally change would be your chain rings..but thats being fussy.

I like the veloflex tyres - good choice

I know what you mean about the chain rings but the brakes and mechs have that kind of grey/blue look to them so I am not sure if I want to change them. Maybe I will wait until they are starting to get old and get some new ones.

Awesome! I like the more modern components.

I am thinking of slowly replacing the group set with Campagnolo parts. If I was to keep everything of similar age, what Campag parts should I be looking for? I think the Perthus was from the late eighties.

Back