The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a ding on the chainstay? It looks quite big if so?

£30-40? They dont seem to go for much. GT Steve had a lovely one complete as a single speed and that took a long time to sell full bike for about £150 I think.

Re: 92 Zinn Centaur

slimjoe":3hiszo0y said:
I may have to part with this lovely 92 Zinn. Ive replaced afew bits since these pictures with NOS genuine parts. How much realistically can i ask for the complete bike?

Add a premium for the fact that you picked it up as postage wasnt offered and add it to what you paid I guess.

If its max bucks your after stick it on ebay and link it on here.

Shame you have to sell.

coomber":3sanejjg said:
Is that a ding on the chainstay? It looks quite big if so?

£30-40? They dont seem to go for much. GT Steve had a lovely one complete as a single speed and that took a long time to sell full bike for about £150 I think.
Nah,its the little dimple on the chainstay behind the end of the crank,has tape put on badly along the tube as a chainslap protector,cheers

selling my 9os marin team titanium, wondering about value?

Hi
I have a mid 90's marin team titanium which I sadly have to sell to pay for a new cross bike for commuting/racing but no idea how much it is worth. Can anyone give me a rough idea?
It is full xt/xtr, manitou forks, white industries cranks, xtr hubs, mavic 717 rims. Most are the original parts which still work pretty well. The wheels were replaced a few years back and they haven't seen a lot of use. Also one of the front shifters has been replaced by lx or something as it didn't work and had to use what the lbs had lying around as needed to get it working quickly! I raced it regularly in the 90's but it has mostly languished in the shed since then. I did a couple of races on it a while back and it still seemed to function ok.
It does need a bit of a service, especially the forks which don't move much. Cables may need replacing maybe? I'm no mechanic! The frame is in pretty good condition, no dents or anything.
Any help gratefully received. Will add some photos later.
Sue

Hi there,

A few of these have been on ebay recently. Cant remember exactly how much they went for but frames usually £250-350 depending on condition (chain damage etc) and frame size.

Cranks etc and XTR bits all coveted, and you can get replacement elastomers for the forks ok, so that's not a major issue.

Complete bike, about £5-600 I guess. Would make more if you split but depends if you have the time or inclination.

I'd personally whip some skinny tyres on and use this instead of buying a cross bike!

Cheers

Coomber

Thanks for your help Coomber.
I did think of using it for cross but you can't use flat bars in a Trophy race (if I ever get fit enough!). But the main problem is I need it to commute on too and I don't want to leave a bike with the words 'titanium' plastered all over it locked up anywhere really - seems to be a bit too much of an advert to thieves! Whereas i'm hoping a second hand cross bike will attract less attention...
Sue

Very wise.

Well good luck with the sale. I would pitch it on here first as you would pay 10% fees on ebay, but obviously up to you.

Hi,
I don't know if this is retro enough. A 2002 Cannondale Good Boy (nr244 of 300) in good and original condition (except for the handlebar, this is replaced with a race face riser). I olso still have the extra race wheels. The only minor. The rearshock will need to be replaced because I switched it with another bike that had a broken shock and the lefty needs a service because the needlebearings are a bit ruff because it doesn't get used enough. ELO is ok and the air stays in. Who has an idea of the value?

p4pb771208.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back