BSA Wayfarer turns orange Path Racer

bsa decal

currently in the process of bringing a bsa wayfarer back to its former glory. i have re painted the frame but was just wondering how you managed to replicate the B.S.A decal on the frame?

OMG

I ve also just made my version of the Path racer
also a 70s BSA Wayfarer
Fronr end is just swapped for a MTB 26" forks and wheel to bring the front down
lower, mines not quite finished, will be if I can get in the garden due to rain in summer!
John

(p.s soz bout the pic have been messing around with photoshop)

@retrojohm65 that, to my eye, is just so wrong in so many ways. It looks like it just can't decide what it wants to be, road, path, mountain bike.

Having said that, if you are happy with it, how it looks and rides, then just get out on it and enjoy!

true true

hat, to my eye, is just so wrong in so many ways. It looks like it just can't decide what it wants to be, road, path, mountain bike.

I sincerely take your point, however for some reason the pic makes the front wheel tyre looks v large its onlr 1.5", and i do agree the vbrake looks a bit of a carbuncle, I ,put the bike together this way to look like a path racer, to ride on the road, but with the stopping power of a Mtb, bearing in mind i wanted just 1 brake lever, so I accept your comments,
I think If it was a fixed gear path racer 100% i'd be in a box as the drivers and round here are dodgy at best, the main danger with this set up is i'm gonna go over the handlebars when some nutter pulls out in front of me, but as i say at least Ive a good chance of living with that, the ride geometry is actually fantastic as is the leverage from the bars
I'm not a purist when it comes to my bikes, if ure in the Harrow area come on by try the bike i guarantee you'll like the ride!

Latest posts

Back