DAVE YATES/RECORD £300 BIN!!!!

I did buy it, thought it was a good price. Turns out the seller wasn't happy with getting the price asked and has now relisted @£500 or best offer.

Call me a cynic but don't you have to preview your listing before you post it up? Sellers excuse is that he posted the wrong price and it was another bike that should have been £300. He's listed other items subsequently but not a £300 one ................ Nor did he respond to my initial response which was how much do you actually want for it we may be able agree on a figure?

Apologies for the ranting but I think it's bad form. Errors like a seller who had listed a £650 frame @£65 I can kind of understand its a genuine error. This just looks like he under valued the frame and realised when it sold so quickly he could have got more.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That looks odd, the bike at £425 looks like the bike he has on for £500 but with a rack and mudguards thrown on....

or is that my imagination ?

Shaun

Bad form. I bought a £500 home trainer for a pound and a £150 saddle for £1.99 a while ago. Both were on a buy it now, I was amazed when the saddle arrived without any banter from the seller. The seller of the trainer refunded my payment without asking which I thought was a tad cheesy, if he had asked first I would have taken pity and agreed the reversal anyway. In this case I would have definitely dug my heels in as £300 is very different to a pound and does not sound like a daft mistake, more a foolish underestimation.

Well, he's got 'Make me an offer on' so keep making him offers starting at £1, in £1 increments until he says yes and then don't buy it!

Back