DBR Axis TT (Team Titanium)

i've always said that what a Ti bike needs is lots of black and grey, with a tasteful flash of colour tucked in there for a good measure

bravo sir.

Ti & M950 and the salt & pepper of the bike world, when I pull my finger out my Xizang will be fitted with the grey stuff I've had in the draw for ages. Not keen on how those tyres sit with the rest of it, black with amber walls suit better to my eyes.

Which stem/bar is it you're having trouble with?

ringo":1p14ou0b said:
I like it too Ian - very classy...

Onza ti's in black?
Thanks, it rides quite nicely too, albeit for the 10 minute ride around a local park.

As for the black bar ends, I meant black decals, not black painted ti, unless......

cce":2kg7eii3 said:
i've always said that what a Ti bike needs is lots of black and grey, with a tasteful flash of colour tucked in there for a good measure

bravo sir.
Thanks, it was due to only be black/XTR grey, but when I came across the purple brakes, I thought I'd try them out as they would not have worked (in my view) on any of the other builds I have, aside from the commuter, and that would have been silly.

gtRTSdh":1n23pgdd said:
Ti & M950 and the salt & pepper of the bike world, when I pull my finger out my Xizang will be fitted with the grey stuff I've had in the draw for ages. Not keen on how those tyres sit with the rest of it, black with amber walls suit better to my eyes.

Which stem/bar is it you're having trouble with?
I quite like the tyres, as I think they go well with the XTR grey, but every now and then I have the same thought as you. I may try some black amber walls at some point though, just to see how they look.

As for the bars/stem, the bars were bought as Ibis Ti ones (with shim) and the stem is unmarked, so no idea what brand, but with single bolt clamps at each end. It could ultimately be a road stem, but I bought as as an MTB one so will be gutted if it doesn't work. Things may turn out rosy though as the Kolo ones may work with another build (litespeed) as I initially planned this to be similar, but as it has a silver back end, silver controls may work out well, so I'll probably hang on to them and see how that goes. Or run silver controltech, or perhaps black syncros - who knows....

GT-Steve":1o4t3vfb said:
The big question is: have you ridden it yet?
I hadn't, but I threw on the Ritchey Ti SPDs, put on some Adidas Superstars and went for a ride around a local park this evening to give it a shake down, and well, I am gutted..........

....... as it started to rain and it got a few rain spots on it :LOL:

Other than the rain, it was a cracking ride, so light. A few things needed to be adjusted:

- Seat post was way too low
- Not enough air in the forks for me
- Not enough air in the tyres

Aside from that, it worked flawlessly. Shifting was bang on (which I wasn't expecting as I didn't have this on the stand to set up), the ride was so quiet, even when freeheeling it was like being a ghost cycling up behind joggers and scaring the (jogging) pants off them (just kidding, I was nice and polite).

I expect I'll need to adjust the seat forward a touch, and maybe consider a longer stem, or one with a bit of rise, but that may not turn out to be the case, I'll need a longer ride to work out how comfy it is. It may just be my new favourite bike, and the one I'll use on the London to Brighton off-road ride later in the year.

Pics/evidence of it's (light) use:

DBR-Shakedown-1.jpg

DBR-Shakedown-2.jpg

Here is a shot of the Klein I bought from GT-Steve last year. I have to say, that when I took that for a similar ride (and took a pic at the same tree), by the time I took the pic, I had almost numb feet, but on the DBR I didn't. I thought at the time that the Klein was a bone shaker, but after riding the DBR, it certainly is in comparison.

IMG_0352.jpg

ringo":afzl7t36 said:
Sorry Ian... I meant the pedals! Ti spindle jobbies...
Ah, good thinking. I did have a set of these and cleats but sold them as I thought I'd never use them - doh! I'll bear them in mind though may end up getting some crank bros ones eventually.

Back