how's this for crap service then?

It's a shame, part of me doesn't want to go back to CRC and Wiggle again & again but they never let me down like this.

I asked Tredz to check their stock as they have the same shoe, and they confirmed they did but they, like Rutland, had the wrong image in terms of colour - so a fault with the manufacturer too for supplying incorrect image it seems.

At least Tredz could actually look at their stock in person so that's more reassuring.

I know its difficult for a business but these places just trade from their distributors and that sucks; I'd rather buy from the distro who actually has the stock and bypass the middle men.

What happened to you has happened three times to me from one UK store. Listed instock but nothing actually there. In this case all three items were actually discontinued but when number 1 wasn't available I ordered number 2 etc. Lost my rag in the end.

A lot of them have such poor stock control I don't know how they survive. The internet is so important to their business but they don't get themselves some decent systems to run the operation.

Tredz are a bunch of arses too. I live less than a mile away from the shop in Swansea, yet they won't match the prices they sell for online and they don't actually have much in stock.
On two occasions I've had to walk out, go home and order online for them to deliver the goods to me a few days later. It's free postage so they would save money by giving me the goods over the counter but noooo :twisted: Click and collect, ring n reserve? No that would be too much like providing good service...

CRC have total control of the market for good reason, yea its a bit like Tesco monopoly but they do pretty much deliver when they say.

Something about the culture of bike shops, elitist or pompous, I don't know what it is.

Dead Rats":y6biwqlv said:
At least Tredz could actually look at their stock in person so that's more reassuring.

only if you ask them to. I have had the same thing happen to me @ Tredz that you had at Rutland..

ordered as "in Stock" on site..Items took forever, then "oops, we're out, we'll get them ordered"...long wait..."oops, they don't make that part anymore"..

bit rubbish really

CRC has let me down only once in maybe 10 - 12 years - and they put it right pretty quickly, no question, didn't try to offer alternative, straight refund.

Can all make an occasional mistake!

for Winstanleys really really F-ing useless all round not got in stock what they say they have and there warranty is a full on Joke took 3 months to sort a replacement saddle it was only a charge spoon instead of sending a replacement they just sent excuse after excuse starting with "its your fault i was riding to hard" er no i wasn't and i had it in a light weight carbon post and thats fine :? they then said "where sending it back to charge as this is the first one to do it" i point out its not charge had a load do it and im not the first to send it back to winstanleys (showed them the STW thread with others having the same probem) they then didn't reply for 5 weeks after bagering i finally got a reply and it took three months for a replacement in total never using them again ow and rude too

Back