'96 GT RTS-2 *Update 30/7*

mattbrown":278nfzsm said:
i would changed the outer ring, ditch the black and go for something more colourfull

Red outer ring.....Done!

I think its finished now, nothing else is jumping out at me as needing to be done.
I'm happy with it, so I have updated the pics on this thread and I'll see what you lot think.

cce":vqgq5pp0 said:
not to be curmudgeonly, but red outer ring = no red bolts imho.

I did wonder when I put the chainring on. It was a case of standing back, stroking my chin and 'hmmm'.
I still have the original black ones, so may drop them back in.

First ride of the RTS after the changes.
Now just got to twidle my thumbs and wait for my red anodized seat clamp to arrive! ;)

Attachments

• DSC00454.JPG
    DSC00454.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 6,859
  • DSC00448.JPG
    DSC00448.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 6,859
Got the red Hope seatclamp, and lost the faded bottle cage.

Whilst its not in my possession yet, I have also bagged a Spin rear wheel from MadCowKev, which I think will look the business alongside my Pro-Circuit/Mavic 231 spare front wheel.

Am also getting Gil_M to make up some 'Pickle' decals for my top tube, in the same style and colour as the RTS-2 decals, which I have decided to leave in place.

Not much left to do to it now, other than ride the damn thing ;)

Attachments

• DSC00492.JPG
    DSC00492.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 6,678
  • DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 6,679
pickle---nice one for sure---this is probably something you dont wanna see at this point (wanting to get it done and riding) but i can help you with quadras if interested-- 21R's (yellow)--i know youve mentioned it before wanting some and i just found these in my storage 1 1/8 threadless 17.5 cm steerer

stevemar":um760240 said:
pickle---nice one for sure

i know youve mentioned it before wanting some

stevemar
Thanks for the comments
And regarding the offer for some Quadra's, I have decided to stick with the non-period correct Darts, and am about to sink the funds instead into the Spin rear wheel off MadCowKev ;)

That now does look sweet, all I need to do with my build is respray it, i just have all the bits lying around

Back