June 2012 BoTM 'Dead End Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
I nearly grabbed an Allenax from a garage sale (not the one pictured!)

It would have been perfect for this month...

104_0493.JPG

yeah baby, now we're talkin' some crazy sh*t.

What a waste of a month...

I could be drooling and dreaming about all the other cool stuff out there in a regular month...

but instead, I have to look at ancient abandoned broken dinosaurs, that I would have never considered out of common sense - back in the day....

andrewl":j4uwj16r said:
I nearly grabbed an Allenax from a garage sale (not the one pictured!)

It would have been perfect for this month...
Shame I gave my Alenax away. Actually, it's not a shame at all. I'm really glad I gave it away.

But anyway, they were still making them as of last year, and had improved on the design - at the flick of a switch you could choose between a couple of modes of pedalling: normal, kangaroo, weird Alenax stepper, etc. However, their website isn't showing up any more so maybe they finally packed it in.

Kevinwulf":2vk21z32 said:
Shame I gave my Alenax away. Actually, it's not a shame at all. I'm really glad I gave it away.

After a quick ride on one I can see why you were glad to give it away!

tvcreative":3qnz28mz said:
yeah baby, now we're talkin' some crazy sh*t.

What a waste of a month...

I could be drooling and dreaming about all the other cool stuff out there in a regular month...

but instead, I have to look at ancient abandoned broken dinosaurs, that I would have never considered out of common sense - back in the day....

Really nothing floating your boat this month?? Ibis, Grove, Kestrel...err your Ritchey?

well I think the last 3 are the bikes, what is at stake and precisely those we want to see (just "dead end special") or? :?

Tazio":22krzup7 said:
danson67":22krzup7 said:
OK, I'll see you and raise you 4 dead ends for the price of one...

1: URT suspension
2: Leading linkage front fork
3: Rev Rox tensioned carbon spokes
4: White tyres

2dabfabb.jpg

Bizarrely, for something so wrong, it rides really well :shock:
Maybe all the different vectors of weirdness cancel each other out.

All the best,

Please don't take this the wrong way but.....

If ever a frame, fork and set of wheels should have been kept some distance apart it is those.

And the fork is a spectacular dead end, though strangely fascinating.

I've seen this one, or something very similar at a RB ride and it looks amazing!

pete_mcc":2g6iextj said:
Nader":2g6iextj said:
that's right, but BOTM of this month is really not a BOTM and has become a discussion thread! :(

The beauty of BOTM is that it always becomes a discussion thread which is great as it means BOTM still has relevance after 5 years, people are still passionate about the bikes that get presented. People's interpretation of the brief and allegiances to particular brands, models, NOSness etc is what makes this fun.

I reckon that the day that people just enter photos and then people just vote will be the last day this competition runs!

well said

tvcreative":112crebr said:
yep, pull my bike, the last three are the most dead end looking things I have ever seen...

Why enter it and pull it YET again...?

You never Know your bike might win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back