East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

More or less
We meet at Ticknall Village Hall car park on Tuesday nights at 7 and ride for a couple of hours in the locality before a drink in the pub.
Fancy tagging along ?
You might know some different routes

captaincosmic":1dxu2hmd said:
Phils on his own with that beaut it looks like it has a 'triple triangle' (shudder) mmmm smells like a ....GT :LOL:

Steve should i create a new 'Is this a Zaskar' thread in the retro chat section :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

captaincosmic":3c3umfmo said:
More or less
We meet at Ticknall Village Hall car park on Tuesday nights at 7 and ride for a couple of hours in the locality before a drink in the pub.
Fancy tagging along ?
You might know some different routes

Sounds good. Yes I may tag along either next Tuesday or Tuesday after :)

I suppose you guys already know of the routes through Robin Woods? Theres some single track in the nature reserve area near to Foremark Resevoir too and a few cheeky bits off the side of the main bridle way next to resevoir, which are usually Ok to ride if in the evening.

Which pub do you usually visit? The Wheel?

Dan

Hi Dan,

Definitely us in Repton Shrubs, you came past alarmingly quickly. Our riding is generally in the Milton, Repton Shrubs, Bretby, Robin Wood area when relatively dry, and then Kings Newton, Bardon, Calke, Staunton if very wet.

Although Ticknall is our usual meeting point it is always best to check this thread on a Monday incase of other arrangements.

We ride every week, throughout the year, particularly enjoying the naughty footpath routes through Charnwood when dark.

The Chequers is our pub of choice.

Look forward to seeing you.

Sounds good to me.

Yes, Robin Wood can get very gloopy after rain, as I found out a couple of weeks ago...

I usually join my preferred route at Bretby as I live only 10 minutes away (on bike) but Ticknall is good for a starting/meeting point..

I have never been to Charnwood forest - I will have to venture up there some time!

Look forward to it.

dan1985":3ej18vj2 said:
Hi Guys,

New to the forum...

I was out riding on Tuesday evening around the Ticknall area - was it you guys who were in Repton Shrubs woods (waiting for others to catch up I think) just before the downhill section to the stream/road crossing?

I passed you just before the downhill singletrack section. Do you guys ride here every tuesday?

Dan if you where the guy who flew past us at the top of repton shrubs then no that was not us :D , but if you would like to join us we would be more than happy to show you how to stop and have a rest, and eat cake

make sure you guy,s polish your 29,ers for mayhem. retro riders my arse, i hear wiggle have a sale on with the latest x box games in mountain biking , you should get the same feel as a 29,er :LOL:

see you all soon

Back