Well I blame TinTin40* .. LMTTM's attemp at weight weenie!

Oh no ! Not another weight weenie build. I barely survived watching tintin40's carbon delights luring me down the path of electronic scale fixation now there's another for me to keep looking at and the left click "Buy Now" twitch has returned ! :LOL:

Re: Well I blame TinTin40* .. LMTTM's attemp at weight weeni

letmetalktomark":gzm1pngd said:
Moving up from a 27.2 seatpost to a 31.6mm post may sway me to try a carbon post - I figure the extra girth may make for a stronger post. That said I don't fancy carbon splinters in the b...hind!

Have you considered Scandium? as light as carbon or lighter. Lots of carbon posts are quite lardy. If your really concerned try to get a Thomson masterpiece.

trek_y":397j9vnk said:
Oh no ! Not another weight weenie build. I barely survived watching tintin40's carbon delights luring me down the path of electronic scale fixation now there's another for me to keep looking at and the left click "Buy Now" twitch has returned ! :LOL:

look forward to your WW build :LOL: :LOL:

Well .... its been a while and thought I better post on up an update ....

Things have gone surprisingly smoothly with this build. ***touches wood***

I mused for ages on a post. It seems that I am too heavy for the real weenie stuff that seems to have a maximum rider weight of 85kg :roll: :LOL:

After a bit of investigation it seemed that a fair few posts are around the 230g mark - not lightweight but lightweight enough. That said many were 350mm.

I plumped for a 410mm Thomson and was surprised that it weighed 236g - I have some Ti bolts that I plan on using and may cut a few CM off of the bottom - 200g may be possible without going crazy.

So I still need:

34T Renthal ring (35g)
160mm KCNC rotor (73g) but replaces the 130g Magura on the front

I have a load of Ti bolts that should save a bit ;) but apart from that she is done for now.

I would like it if the build ended up being sub 21lb.

IMGP2682.jpg

As stuff wears or I sell on bits I will look for lighter bits - looking at carbon rigid forks - nearly two lbs could be lost from the Reba Team fork

:LOL:

Hey thats looking very nice. :cool:
Who makes the frame again, can't see it ? lol.
I know what you mean about seatposts as I am 85kg give or take a fews days after the curry house or not so never know if a lovely scandium thing is going to be safe so also plumped for a 220g one. Interesting the Thomson is the same weight as my carbon Syncros almost to the gram.
Putting a carbon rigid fork on is a very simple way to cut a huge amount of weight off but is the easy way out and would stop you obsessing over how to save another 50g here or there which is all the fun of these WW projects. Also the descents would be rather more testing, my Airborne SS with carbon rigids was around 19lbs but bounced off every pebble !
What tyres have you got on there ? Tubeless ?

trek_y":c84t6svm said:
Hey thats looking very nice. :cool:
Who makes the frame again, can't see it ? lol.
I know what you mean about seatposts as I am 85kg give or take a fews days after the curry house or not so never know if a lovely scandium thing is going to be safe so also plumped for a 220g one. Interesting the Thomson is the same weight as my carbon Syncros almost to the gram.
Putting a carbon rigid fork on is a very simple way to cut a huge amount of weight off but is the easy way out and would stop you obsessing over how to save another 50g here or there which is all the fun of these WW projects. Also the descents would be rather more testing, my Airborne SS with carbon rigids was around 19lbs but bounced off every pebble !
What tyres have you got on there ? Tubeless ?

Yes very impressed with the 236g that the Thomson post weighs.

Tyres are tube'd at present.

Both tyres and rims are tubeless ready but I have yet to make the jump.

get the carbon fork. Trigon are 500g and not expensive either (£115 approx) then you will bounce down hill. Ride a WW bike down hill is fun ;)

Looking good by the way.

Back