M-Trax Road History?

ninety

Onnnne Huuuunnnndrreeed and Eigggghhhhty
Feedback
View
Hello
I've had a look around and, while there's a bit of info on M-Trax MTBs, I'm struggling to find the equivalent for the road bikes. I'm building up an M-Trax 200R at the moment and am interested to learn more-it's welded 4130 CrMo, so I assume it's nothing too flash, but it seems a nice frame and it's made in England (Nottingham I assume?), so I don't think it's rubbish either.
Can anyone give me any pointers please?
Thanks

Matisse":q5mikt1q said:
Bump! Got myself an Mtrax7000r and have had similar trouble sourcing info.

Based purely from memory, Raleigh's branding for quality lightweights (road and MTB) between the early and mid 90s. Late 80s/very early 90s catalogues simply featured the "Lightweight" branding, whilst mid/late 90s used the RSP/Raleigh Special Products ID. Pretty sure that M-Trax also denoted machines built using TIG-welded or brazed methods (Raleigh worked with Reynolds to bring in the TIG-compatible Optima steel tubeset during this time) instead of Dyna-Tech bonding.

David

Re:

Right you are Mr W, my bad!

Unsure on the year for the 7000r, came equipped with shimano 300ex as standard so early to mid 90s I guess.

No problem!

Trouble is that M-Trax brochures are rarer than hens teeth, so I guess you are now relying on someone on here owning a 7000, and being able to 'fill the gaps'

Back