East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Cider and ale, though might be an idea to be sober-ish for the late night slot I've provisionally got :shock: :LOL:

Julia is looking forward to being Team Photographer and Bacon Cob Queen
she says how about Gin and Tonic :LOL: and that we should request some Retro Cupcakes from our resident Masterbaker :LOL: Maybe in brown orange and purple ooooo and turquoise
Loving the graph Rob it's brill
I will take my workshop bike stand and all the tools
Toying with taking three bikes ?

Unless we have a heatwave I'm just taking the Dk, as the Pace collects mud too easily on the front fork braces. Grippier rear tyres being taken, just in case. Spare saddle and seatpost in. Might get spare chain.
G and T sounds fine. Willing to be Julia's Bacon Slave.

The course is now on page 5 of MM schedule in Rides Events and Races.

no, happy to ride late slot :D

re your fork brace - yes those were the very same type of fork that got jammed up for me last year :(

rc200ti":23flggot said:
OK folks here's a DRAFT ride order for Mayhem.
This is posted in order to generate discussion...... we're good at that.

It has been put together with the information available, knowledge of your capabilities and desires, and drugs.
The following has been factored in:
1. One of our south west ringers has kindly accepted the post of 'runner'. :D
2. Geoff has requested an early slot so that he can get a second lap in, and bearing in mind the mileage he's been racking up at Hicks Lodge I would be a heartless bugger to deny him.
3. John has requested the sunrise lap. Such an optimist :roll:
4. All people shown with 2 laps have the legs for it and will be respectably quick :D :D :D
5. Phil and Steve have been kept together 'cos that's how they like it.
6. The south west guys are clearly a clever ploy by Ed to ensure a direct delivery of Cider.
7. The average lap time of 1.5 hrs could be way out in either direction.
8. Unofficial untimed laps can be undertaken if you feel the urge.
9. The late Sat evening slot has been left as a float to see how things go.

pm me any likes / dislikes and I'll update the Order prior to Tuesday.

1. Kudos to the SW runner i will give him one of my cans of Cider that Phil is bringing :LOL:

2. No problem there, i am happy with my timing on that graph.

3. All the best to John with that one.

4. Hmmm we will see how much the alcohol takes out of me for the Sunday ride :LOL:

5. I believe Steve is bringing his new bike especially for himself and Phil :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• IMGF6UHE999BU.jpg
    IMGF6UHE999BU.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 617
Oh yeah, and

6. A genius stroke if there ever was one.

7. Sunday morning for sure.

8. There will be absolutely no urge felt here.

9. Good move :cool:

Hi Guys,

New to the forum...

I was out riding on Tuesday evening around the Ticknall area - was it you guys who were in Repton Shrubs woods (waiting for others to catch up I think) just before the downhill section to the stream/road crossing?

I passed you just before the downhill singletrack section. Do you guys ride here every tuesday?

Back