Joining the Clockwork club

supergoose":36wh1qcb said:
Rick Draper":36wh1qcb said:
Built this up today to use as a pub bike.

Looks a pretty decent spec for a pub bike!!

It will have the odd ride around the local trails so it had to be right. Most of the stuff I already had lay around just waiting to go on something :cool: Only real bit I have bought is the RC30's as the original forks needed a repaint (like the frame) and it was a easy way of cleaning a big bit up.

the original forks are the last of the straw thin, weedy forks, before oversizing became the norm.....mine look painfully thin compared to my klein, fisher and p 2's....and then things moved further with the suspension revolution.....the truth is the originals are compliant and comfortable, do the job well, and are victims of fashion rather than poor performance......the rc30's will sit close due to their size, if they dont rub then they will be fine!.... :D

Well here it is, thrown together and almost ready to roll to the pub on. Needs a slight truing of the rear wheel then it will be good to go:
P1020973.jpg

P1020975.jpg

P1020976.jpg

Couple of small changes:
IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

I have got a XTR chainset on its way and I am just looking for a decent condition XTR M900 rear mech now along with time to build the campagnolo mirox rims onto the XTR hubs and once I am happy with it I will have the frame and original forks reconditioned.

Back