post from USA help..

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Help!

Advice please on best way to post a bike from USA, carrier and cost please!!!
All comments appreciated :D

yes, it is the Rocky....nearly there

I have used parcel2go which was recommended on here . It is in fact DHL . Box collected in england on the wednesday , arrived saturday morning . it wasnt a bike , but they were very good .

how much did that cost cchris2lou? I've got a 45lb bike waiting for me in the US, based on weight or size of box? Jez has used surface mail before now, cheap but can take ages! I've learnt to be mega patient & wait for a friend to go over :LOL:

from Usa to uk for up to 25kg is £75.99 , plus £5 fuel surcharge .

not that cheap i guess .

I got a Kilauea shipped from the states recently - cost me £70 and came in 10 days. Not sure who the seller used though - sorry.

(Then I had to pay parcel force's bit and duty on a second-hand bike! :evil: )

Yeah Ive had mixed results getting stuff from America...

In the past I got the Klein shipped over in about 3 days (no kidding) and there was no duty and it cost less than 80 quid. Cant remember how I managed that....

The Goat took almost 2 months arrive by surface....stupid stupid stupid...

One way of doing it is to scrap the wheels, pedals and anything overly weighty (if your buying a whole bike). This can rsult in smaller package. i got the rims cut off the hubs on the Klein and lost the tyres and pedals. Package was pretty portable hence the speed in which it arrived I guess.

Pete Mc was kind enough to act as middleman for a recent purchase from teh states of a Prostop front wheel/disk and also a pair of Prostop Suspenders forks. Hes the man. I owe him a couple of pints for that. :D

In all its a bit hit and miss - still havent found a proper easy way of getting stuff back from over there....

Not a bike, but I brought a 25" road frame from the US recently - purchased on the 4th, paid for by PayPal on the 5th, shipped on the 6th for $56, and I got a letter from Parcelforce yesterday dated 14th asking me to pay the duty. I'm off to collect it tomorrow. A parcel that big shipped in 8 days for about £30 isn't bad value.

Back