The unofficial Bigfoot/Ozone/Smokestone thread

Evidence that my Oxygen does exist.

DeadWomansDitchJan2012043.jpg

DeadWomansDitchJan2012048.jpg

DeadWomansDitchJan2012049.jpg

I have some better pics on my other computer.

the_duke":1oz4s87i said:
This image is from MTB pro in 1994, and shows the improved welding at the drop out.

ozone.jpg

Pretty certain I owned this frame, it was offered as a prize in MTB Pro and I bought it from the winner for £450. I say he won it, he was a cycling journalist so sounded a bit iffy to me! I worked all summer at a local fruit farm to pay for a fairly budget build of mainly LX with Control Tech stem, Hyperlite bar and an X-Lite post with a cradle made of cheese (it snapped mid-race). I loved it, first proper bike, sadly it was stolen on the 11th day of uni.

The anodising for the bigfoot was done at loorsmore Worcester, saw a loud being done when picking up some of my items. A new Asda now sits on the site.
My mate Mr Ade Goodyear had one of the first purple ano frames and covered it in xtr, Graham if your out there can you remember him.

Great stuff chaps, keep them coming,

Here's mine its the last version made by Graham Foot in 1995, its just called "Smokestone"
a few changes include: removable canti mounts and hanger,
plate type rear dropouts and scallops for a bottle cage on the seat tube.
IMAG1822.jpg

IMAG1826.jpg

IMAG1823.jpg

it now runs magura hs11's not the m900 canti's

I went in to Slam69 today, to meet Graham Foot. I asked how many frames they made, and he said there were 200!

He has one, as does his partner, and he knows of another close by. So, by my reckoning, we have around 190 to find :shock:

My frame is with Graham for a few days, then I can look into starting on the build.

I think so, although I didn't get into the Bigfoot / Ozone split. I can get a bit more detail when I go back.

Re:

Well my winter project finally came through and aside from riding the 1st of this years National Series ride at Long Mynd on it I dropped in to Slam69 in Gloucester to meet its maker .. aka Graham Foot and have a NOS Mavic headset fitted,

Since it was a special occasion I couldn't resist dropping on my NOS Flite Evolution carbon saddle to dress it up a tad ;)

Got to say the big fella (and he's f'ing tall) dwarfed my Ozone, was genuinely pleased to his work still being appreciated and most importantly still hitting the trails :D

Hope you like.. more pictures on my build thread link (see signature)

Attachments

• ozone in gods shop.jpg
    ozone in gods shop.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 774
  • the man himself.jpg
    the man himself.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 775
Back