Which one would you buy? (I bought the Voodoo!)

I'd go for the Voodoo, but the 29er model.

They're both pretty much the same and both decent enough. The Carerra while still decent, folks will just say it's a Halfords bike.

Haven't bike gone up! The last new bike I bought in 2008 was pretty much the same spec as those, albeit with mech. discs and not hydros and that cost me £252. It was a mongoose Tyax. That was 14kg too.

The internet killed the LBS and to some degree Halfords although they had and have a bigger internet presence than any LBS. Folks want to browse the net without shop keeper pressure, try the bike (halfords can offer this) and fix it themselves (halfords offer the tools).

Tazio":2xpkey4h said:
Those Voodoos are bloody heavy aren't they.

Or is that how much bikes weigh nowadays?

Mine isn't.... :cool:.......oh yeah, they don't sell the Reynolds 853 in Halfords...DOH!! :cool:

VooDoo Hoodoo is the best on the site in that price range in my opinion.

Make sure you give the bike a good pre-ride check though. Wouldn't trust the Halfords mechanics personally.

i disagree halfords did kill the lbs in my town
nothing they sell spares wise is any good its all plastic garbage
we had two loacl bike shops a proper one and a streetwise cheap bikes for people who dont care what they buy or ride
one was run by a proper old boy who used to have most things you would need or would get them in for you in a weekish
charged a good price did little jobs for free sometimes he was a right good bloke and would love to help people fix things and lend you his tools and had loads of old retro stuff stored away for you to drool over as a teen i used to love going in there for a chat and a dream
he gave me a free mongoose frame once what a top bloke so obviously halford is better than he was people are mental
now tell me why anyone would go to halfords when you could get this service
my mate asked if halfords could tighten his brake cables they said 12 quid to tighten two cables up

I thought you could order other bikes/brands through halfords than just what you see :?

Dont knock halfords I used the cycle to work scheme which was through halfords and if you call them the list of bikes you can get is huge, I got my cube team limited from them, built by lakeland lesiure.

Malcolm":22aiyy7s said:
Dont knock halfords I used the cycle to work scheme which was through halfords and if you call them the list of bikes you can get is huge, I got my cube team limited from them, built by lakeland lesiure.

I'll look into that, thanks!

contact the call centre that deals with the scheme (should be on your work benefits pack or website) and ask for the list of bike brands they can get.

ssbnreso":mptfj12k said:
So i take it halfords isn't to popular then :|

Some of their own brand bikes are top vfm. Just the spares/service that are questionable!

I did actually once buy a new bike - an absolute bargain - there, but had to insist that I would ONLY have it if they did NOT assemble it!

Back