The Chimps Pseudo Tactical and Banter Thread

If we are comparing willies then he is my latest 1/2 ride.
19.97miles
1:30:09

Ok it was road, but on an MTB and uphill all the way to my dads, coming home was more fun.

043bdfc7.jpg

Kawasaki Update

Started lashing up this year's crop of bikes for MM... leaving it uncomfortably late as per the annual routine.

2012 Squad - Kona Hei Hei KK/Ritchey P22/Ritchey Ascent Comp/S Bike 808/Merlin Titanium - come next Thursday, one will have to be dropped from the list. This will be based on scientific intelligence gathered from cycling up and down our road, maybe taking a speed bump or two...

Need to go to the back of the lock up and find the Panaracer Spikes, as is tradition, to ward off any signs of Eastnor gloop.

There has been no 'training' to speak of this year, hence I go into the jenga tournament completely fresh and untried...

hmmmm, worried now, so do i need more than one bike?

having never been the competitive sort i have never been in a MTB race , from my very limited understanding of these things, I thought you could only ride one bike during the race and was not allowed any outside assistance should it break down?

Paul if we settled on a very suggestive wink while standing in a saucy hand on hips type manner ,how much would a T-shirt be? Now i can understand your dissapointment but i have really gone off black pudding at the moment, and i dont think you are taking into account how restrictive your gimp suit is going to be truth be told.

Charlieboy28":dcxs5w84 said:
hmmmm, worried now, so do i need more than one bike?

having never been the competitive sort i have never been in a MTB race , from my very limited understanding of these things, I thought you could only ride one bike during the race and was not allowed any outside assistance should it break down?
You can take as many or as few bikes as you like.
I normally take 3 or 4 but have only ended up racing on one of them for the past couple of years.

You are supposed to be self sufficient out on the course.

Charlieboy28":dcxs5w84 said:
Paul if we settled on a very suggestive wink while standing in a saucy hand on hips type manner ,how much would a T-shirt be? Now i can understand your dissapointment but i have really gone off black pudding at the moment, and i dont think you are taking into account how restrictive your gimp suit is going to be truth be told.
Charlie, you are asking the wrong person about all of these things.

On a wind down this week, so just going to do a couple of small jobs on Tues Weds, however today I went out on the coast road from St Ives towards zennor and I saw the sign for St Just and thought I'd keep going and when the Lands End sign came up I thought it would be rude not to go there and do a full loop of the cornish headland. From lands end I headed back to Newlyn and to Penzance and finally the monster climb back over to St Ives from Penzance

180620121151.jpg

20120618-085154.jpg

20120618-085355.jpg

Fitness levels from me are pretty low at the moment , sorry fellow chimps. I did start a 2 week fitness regime last week , which i've stuck too meticulously ....apart from last thursday , and saturday ...oh and today. :LOL: Have heard the course is pretty much like last year , so i'll be putting in 2 hour laps !

two hours sounds good, more rest time between laps ;)

I'll be arriving sometime Sat following a four hour plus drive from Cornwall.

Just done a 110mile 10 laps at Llandegla on Sunday morning on the '85 DB, quite easy really.

Easy_Rider":1bgjaxgz said:
Just done a 110mile 10 laps at Llandegla on Sunday morning on the '85 DB, quite easy really.

I ran a sub 2h 30m marathon before breakfast and then cycled 280 miles up to Ben Nevis.
Just back down after climbing that barefoot.
Currently having an ice bath whilst being thrashed with birch.

I'll be cycling back overnight on my 1990 DB Ascent singlespeed towing a speedboat.

Quite easy really.

drystonepaul":uazlvgzb said:
Easy_Rider":uazlvgzb said:

I ran a sub 2h 30m marathon before breakfast and then cycled 280 miles up to Ben Nevis.
Just back down after climbing that barefoot.
Currently having an ice bath whilst being thrashed with birch.

I'll be cycling back overnight on my 1990 DB Ascent singlespeed towing a speedboat.

Quite easy really.

good work Paul, you're on fire

I think you'll have to do that route again Gav as you're 1st welsh route ;) just to get people warmed up.

Latest posts

Back