Need some help/ info on TJ Quick frame, please

balciaks

Old School Hero
Need some help/ info on TJ Quick frame
I bought TJ Quick Columbus slx frame, but i can not find any information about the frame builder etc (apart from couple lines that it the workshop was in London and its closed). So ye, i am building the bike with ultegra gearing and compagnolo setup- but would like to knpw more about the frame maker.
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• columbus.jpg
    columbus.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,141
I was interested in that frame: here's the thread I posted on here about it.

I never heard back from the seller and found a 753 f&f going for a song; unfortunately I was second in line...

Are all the tubes rifled? Is there a cut out in the BB shell?

Tom Quick my Brother in law retired and sold his shop in Forest Hill, South London but it did not last very long under the new owners.

Tom is now in his 80s was buiding bkes for most of his working life, he built his firs frame in the garden shed took it to Holdsworths and asked the to check it over and they offered him a job as a frame builder so that was where he started.

He later set up on his own building frames in the back of Don Louis shop in Dulwich Road then open his own shop just a few doors down the road.

He then moved to a workshop in Battersea and then to Forest Hill he also did other enginering works.

If you remember the "Goodies" on TV Tom made the Triplet that they use to ride,

Hope this is a little help for you, my son has one of the few mountain bike he made.

Thank you very much for the information :)
I build the bike and it rides beautifuly. But will have to sell the bike / frame because it is a little too small for me- so his lovely steel will be for sale!

Got 25 inch Reynolds 531c

that is how it looks complete, but build anotheone soon for myselfr

Attachments

• imag0002r_240.jpg
    imag0002r_240.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 1,905
Back